Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
currently, batterygraph was uninstalled when i ran smartreflex. just notice the cpu usage by the system info widget app.

because of 2 reboots, kinda hard to determine improvements, reboot eats a considerable battery power.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by shady View Post
yea i changed those settings in January, added to my batt life significantly, with no ill effects on performance, i dont know why it was disabled out of the box. hmm ... but regardless of that fact it worked.

how did your battgraph have the CPU statistics as well, was it in testing/devel? i only DL'd the version that was in the official maemo repo.
The reason, it is obviously unstable.

Originally Posted by shady View Post
how did your battgraph have the CPU statistics as well, was it in testing/devel? i only DL'd the version that was in the official maemo repo.
BatteryGraph version 0.3.0 does also monitor the average CPU load. It is currently in extras-testing (and will soon be in Extras)

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
UPDATE: upon changing the values on /etc/pmconfig (smartreflex)

men that was exciting! after enabling smartreflex, 3 reboots ocuured on my device, on the last one, the n900 just turn off. With the usual response to this, i switch on the device, the device did not reboot. i removed the battery and install, the device did not boot up.

i waited for an hour, did the same thing, but still the n900 did not boot.
then i just said, "uh oh!"

well i am a jolly guy, instead of being pissed, i think of another way.

i tried charging the device. the n900 lit up the nokia logo, but did not boot. this is telling me, that the n900 is not dead, so i went to the wiki page and re-read all of the flashing of n900 documentation.

after 4-10mins, my n900 is factory new! and shining sparkly too!

im currently reinstalling all my apps, and found out that "battery eye" is OPT!! weeeeeee!!!!!

in posting this, i am not saying that smartflex is not a good idea, actually its effective, im just so lucky this day that instead of getting unexpected reboots, i got an unexpected re-flash!!! LOL!!

im totally happy that my n900 is fully operational again.

so.....is anyone still with me on changing the values or enabling smartrefles???

i dont know if its smartreflex itself causing these issues. but i have had no problems with it being activated on my device. the only time i had a reboot was with firefox and that was the last time i used it ... i do have the nightly fennec builds instead of FF1.0. however i have had no problems with SR. it may be an app that is having trouble and may need the CPU to stay more active than necessary.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
UPDATE: upon changing the values on /etc/pmconfig (smartreflex)

then i just said, "uh oh!"
Everyone should first test few days, or even weeks with those "echo" manual instructions before trying to make it permanent to /etc/pmconfig. If SmartFlex is really causing problems in some devices, that can happen (gabby131) and a device cannot even boot up anymore.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ cumbria
which is the better app?
battery eye or battery graph

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ cumbria
do you prefer battery eye or battery graph

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Just noticed something with WIFI-switcher:
If I activate WIFI-switcher, my battery drains quicker.

Currently it's only an initial theory, but has anyone noticed this as well?

I activated WIFI-switcher overnight (to disable WIFI+lib), and noticed a ~5% drop for ~5 hours.

Currently after disabling WIFI-switcher (only WIFI disabled) after nearly ~1,5 hours it still hasn't dropped even 1%.

This still isn't conclusive, I will test it again today overnight.

Originally Posted by silver2789 View Post
do you prefer battery eye or battery graph
I prefer BatteryGraph.
Much more features.
One very convenient feature is to export even 21 days worth of graph as a PNG image file, like here.