Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by hauslandbibliothek View Post
Hi,

i have a problem installing aegisctl. It says that it needs kernel 2.6.32.20115101+0m7 but I have only 2.6.32-20112910+0m6. How can I install a newer kernel version without upgrading to PR1.3?
I've uploaded "Inception-0.1.1" (which includes "aegisctl_1.2") which is compatible with PR1.2. Try it.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Germany
I've uploaded "Inception-0.1.1" (which includes "aegisctl_1.2") which is compatible with PR1.2. Try it.
Sorry, but it doesn't work, as aegistcl 1.2 also needs a kernel from 2012 but I only have the original one from 2011 which was installed when I purchased the phone. Is there any possiblity to update the kernel to a 2012 version without updating the complete phone to PR 1.3?

Originally Posted by hauslandbibliothek View Post
Sorry, but it doesn't work, as aegistcl 1.2 also needs a kernel from 2012 but I only have the original one from 2011 which was installed when I purchased the phone. Is there any possiblity to update the kernel to a 2012 version without updating the complete phone to PR 1.3?
It seems you have a non-standard kernel with your PR1.2.

I suggest you to post this issue (Inception not working) in a Inception topic. Inception is only a dependency for Easy Debian Harmattan, not the main subject here.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Hi all, it's possible that Easy Debian for Open Mode user can corrupt my MyDocs partition? Seems that almost all gone away from MyDocs, and the only thing that remained is Documents, but this one became a file, no longer a folder!!

As another user wrote into N9QTWeak thread, also for me the messages, contacts, photos, videos, Unrestricted System UI and LPS (logo) gone away.
Now I explain what I did (nothing unusual):

Yesterday I installed Easychroot, Easydebian (in a first moment with Inception, then I purge this one in order to install the package for Open Mode users), in order to compile my C and C++ files/project, from rcolistete thread, and all works very well.
Just now I sent one message (one message composed of two messages) but in the meanwhile that the phone was sending it I clicked (pressed in order to open its menu) on it and then I clicked on delete, but this one didn't deleted because it had not yet been sent.
I swiped down messages window to close them and then I open again it.
In the preview screen there is still showed the (eliminated) message, but after pressing on that conversation, inside this one the message is removed (correctly for the above).
Now, in order to unlock the situation I opened the terminal and from user I do killall messaging-ui (this command is also present in many N9QTweak Tweaks), but after that, as I described at the top of this message, all messages, contacts, Unrestricted System UI and LPS (logo) gone away, also if rebooted N9, wait minutes or clicking repeatedly in the blank space of messages or contacts windows (as you suggested to user with the same problem).
Clicking on Account icon I saw that there still were all my profiles.

Little clarification: Also the homescreen image image gone away, but, like LPS (in this one only the logo gone away), not the color and font settings.
In addition to this when I wrote Unrestricted System UI gone away I mean that if I click on statusbar there weren't widget, tools, etc.., but there were original System UI.. in fact the alarm, after reboot, didn't had delay, tipically for who have CODeRUS Unrestricted System UI installed.

In addition to this I opened with a File Manager my MyDocs folder (I suspected something) and seems that all gone away.. in the folder there are some older and newer folders, created for example yesterday or today before the problem, like .apk, Apkenv, Backdeb, .N9QTweakBackup (but this one inside have only usr folder tree and refhashlist.pl file), N9QTweakedBackup (this one seems ok), but have more strange (and I think serious) problem:
There is this path folder opt/N9QTWeak/Tweaks (and nothing more inside) and a file called Documents (I think it is (was ) my folder Documents, but if I click on it, it shows me PDF file (with links inside) of N9QTweak (if I open this one, it warn me that there isn't PDF file, etc.., obviously because there isn't Documents folder anymore.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Argentina
Hi, i installed easy debian some month ago, and work perfect.
But, is possible send to print a doc from easy debian?
how add a new printer?, is a wireless printer, from terminal or not, doesn't matter, all this in my lan.
Sorry for my english, sorry sorry sorry, ja.
Any idea???

N9 not dead!

great works!!!!

but chromium doesn't work

Is this basically emulating Debian?

Originally Posted by death_jax View Post
Hi all, it's possible that Easy Debian for Open Mode user can corrupt my MyDocs partition? Seems that almost all gone away from MyDocs, and the only thing that remained is Documents, but this one became a file, no longer a folder!!
Easy Debian image is a very large file placed in MyDocs. This image can be corrupted if not umounted before moving/modifying it, turning off N9, etc. But only the image content is corrupted, not the partition where it is.

The use of a chrooted image (for Easy Debian, Harmattan SDK, etc), AFAIK, can't corrupt a partition.

You've used a lot of softwares and tweaks, it is difficult or impossible to know the reason of your MyDocs corruption.

Originally Posted by eennbb View Post
Hi, i installed easy debian some month ago, and work perfect.
But, is possible send to print a doc from easy debian?
how add a new printer?, is a wireless printer, from terminal or not, doesn't matter, all this in my lan.
I think so, but I haven't tried it yet. It is in my todo-list. I think it is the same way of printing from a desktop Debian.

Originally Posted by dann9 View Post
great works!!!!

but chromium doesn't work
Yeah, you can see in this description of Debian images for Harmattan that Chromium has problems in all images AFAIK.