Active Topics

Notices

Alright.. so I again bumped into something.

I was using this app and all of a sudden network gt los so my phone connected to wifi.. and the app stopped working..
so i launched it many times... it authenticates but never plays a song...
following is the ouput that i get now after launching the app thru the authentication process

$ /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
Auto rotation on
True
MAFW PROPERTY RECEIVED 8018336 volume 12104360 <ctypes.LP__GError object at 0x4486d210>
volume 28
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.160.68|1283293638139|PLAYLIST_END|Playlist end detected
Code: 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 509, in getStations
self.playStation()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 486, in playStation
self.player.getMoreSongs()
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 203, in getMoreSongs
fragment = self.pandora.getFragment( self.curStation, self.format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/pandora.py", line 273, in getFragment
url = parsed[i]["audioURL"]
TypeError: string indices must be integers

any ideas what went wrong?even switching radio stations doesnt work now..

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
For me, it's not too bad--maybe 1 out of every 5-10 songs.

I also notice that pyRadio does not handle transitions between wireless LAN and mobile gprs/3g very well. But, I'm not sure if much can be done about that...
That's actually crazy often, in my opinion. If it's happening every 5 songs or so that's a problem. I have maybe had this happen once to me, but I wasn't paying too close attention to the music to know if it was music, the network, or what.. So, it's really quite interesting it's happening that often on yours. I'll keep looking at it but I'm not sure what else to change as far as song skipping goes.

re: transitioning. There may be a way to fix the network switching.. I'm not entirely sure what yet.. I'll keep thinking on it. Even if I figure a way to detect when/if the network changes from 3G to WiFi or whatever I'm not even sure how to stop and resume the music without restarting the song altogether or maybe skipping to the next one.. I dunno. It's gotta be possible I just have to figure it out (always open to suggestions as well).

Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.160.68|1283293638139|PLAYLIST_END|Playlist end detected
Code: 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 509, in getStations
self.playStation()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 486, in playStation
self.player.getMoreSongs()
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 203, in getMoreSongs
fragment = self.pandora.getFragment( self.curStation, self.format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/pandora.py", line 273, in getFragment
url = parsed[i]["audioURL"]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
Usually when I see something like this.. something is wrong on Pandora's end (or rather, the communication to pandora). I had something similar happen when my Pandora One upgrade expired and needed to log into the interface to tell it to either upgrade fully or not upgrade and go back to normal. Once I resolved that I could play again.

I also saw something like this when I enabled content filtering for my kids, i realized Pandora started getting filtered. Took me a while to realize that as I don't use the web interface much.

I'd recommend try logging into Pandora's website and make sure you can stream OK from there, and see if the app works again.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Anybody got this working on the N810, if you did, can you tell me how?
Thanks

Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Anybody got this working on the N810, if you did, can you tell me how?
Thanks
Works on mine.. installed via the Application Manager?

Whats the output of:

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install pyradio

Quite possible, I tried it after a few hours... working perfect now
Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Interface: Thoughts? Slider for sound, not actually working yet.
I like it!

Debugging note: it's stopped playing near the end of a song several times now, as if the buffer ran out but pyRadio thinks the song ended (the time remaining goes to 0). In fact, it did it just now, while I was typing this post. If I hit pause and then play, it starts rebuffers and starts playing at the beginning of the song. Skip will send it to the next song, as expected.

This may happen more often on longer songs (~> 5ish minutes?), but I'm not sure. Has happened to me quite a bit. The console doesn't report any errors when this happens.

@parejkoj,

It's not errors I'd be looking for in the console. All of that printed data in the console tells me where it's at in the application so if you can copy/paste some data for me so I can look through it. For example, it reports a "STATE 0" which is a stopped state, that's when it calls the EOF function to skip songs. If it reports a STATE 1 or 2 those each mean different things that I can debug in my app.

@All:
pyRadio development is going to cease for a bit. I lost everything (data) last night while repartitioning one of my drives. My system decided to lockup on me at just the wrong time of an ext4 move and hosed 400GB or so of data.

Thankfully, pyRadio is python, so I can grab the "source" code from my latest 3.1 deb on my N900. Unfortunately, I've lost all the graphics and the .UI files used by qtdesigner which means I'll need to recreate the interface.

I am running some scraping tools such as scalpel and foremost against the drive and various other tools just to see if it can find anything recoverable and that'll be taking my time for the next little bit.

Yes, I know, backups - unfortunately when I only have the one 500GB drive and nothing else even remotely close in size.. there's not a lot I can do. I recently acquired an additional drive, which led to me setting up RAID and backup solutions.. which ultimately led to this before I could get it "backed" up. So yeah.. It might be quiet in the way of progress for a little bit (shouldn't be much more than a week before I give up on the drive and just reformat it).. but I'll still be monitoring the thread and responding and taking bugs if you guys find them.

Thanks.

Belay my last.. looks like I may have recovered it. *sigh of relief*.

I feel verrry lucky right now.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Belay my last.. looks like I may have recovered it. *sigh of relief*.

I feel verrry lucky right now.
Good for you. Now back the freakin thing up!

For me this is quite useful as it is, so the wait might not have hurt so much.

With all the volume options available (including the dang rocker at the top of the N900) having a volume slider is way down on my personal list of wants. In fact, having one would not be so desirable for me and my fat fingers. I'm all for keeping the on screen touch elements to a minimum for bugs sake.

Speaking of bugs, I'm pretty sure most of the ones now being reported are connection issues. It lost my credentials at start up today and after attempting to enter them 3 or 4 times I noticed I had lost my connection because of the area I was in.

Normally I am in a pretty solid 3G area but today I was a stranger in a strange land. As soon as I entered 3G land, all was good again.

I'm thinking that for your sanity, perhaps some screen estate could be devoted to a more visible, on screen "good/better/best" and "no signal" indicator.

To minimize credential loss perhaps this could be tied to a soft switch that prevents pyRadio from connecting if for whatever reason, signal is crap.

In any event, rock on dude!

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
I am trying to install but can't due to meamo packages , can anyone help ?

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio