Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I did this in the terminal: (I left the data in the folder HOMM3 in the N900 32G directory)

cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Data /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Mp3 /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Maps /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/picsall /opt/vcmi/

then vcmiclient...

it says cannot open /opt/vcmi/Data/VIDEO.VID
failed open file...

But I do put the folder there do I??

Confused...

Thanks in advance... :-)
Could you check the contents of your VCMI directories after installation? Please do:

# ls -lah /opt/vcmi
Check for the presence of the four directories (Data, Maps, Mp3, picsall)
# ls -lah /opt/vcmi/Data
Check for VIDEO.VID (in capital letters)
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
I just uploaded a new upstream release (0.82svn1775-0maemo1), it should already be in extras/devel. The new version implements scrolling in the main menu (where you create a new game), but this is currently disabled in the configuration as it causes the game to crash as soon you try to start a new scenario. Check this out if you want to know more.

Video playback (Intro) should now work again, thanks to Tow...

If you have issues or crashes, feel free to report here.

Daniel
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Does the WOG random map generator work in this release?

Hello, I registered here just to have post time displayed correctly. However, may answer your question:

1. There's no such thing as "WoG map generator" at all, unfortunatelly.
2. We don't plan RMG even for 1.0 release, it's just superfluous and requires working modding system in first place to give any advantage over already existing tools.

For future questions, please visit our board, especially Wiki which contains all information about implemented and pending features.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Warmonger For This Useful Post:
Welcome Warmonger. It's probably not important, but what post time do you want to display? Just curious...

Regarding our Maemo port: Everyone please note that VCMI requires root rights to run. I did not notice it until now, because I always used the xterm to start vcmiclient. I'll change the mini-howto in a minute!

Cheers,
Daniel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
I just uploaded a new upstream release (0.82svn1775-0maemo1), it should already be in extras/devel. The new version implements scrolling in the main menu (where you create a new game), but this is currently disabled in the configuration as it causes the game to crash as soon you try to start a new scenario. Check this out if you want to know more.

Video playback (Intro) should now work again, thanks to Tow...

If you have issues or crashes, feel free to report here.

Daniel
Welcome Warmonger! nice to have you around

In the new version, the animation on battle is a lot slower that in the previous ones :/ . Could it be derivated from the videos fix?

Regarding our Maemo port: Everyone please note that VCMI requires root rights to run. I did not notice it until now, because I always used the xterm to start vcmiclient. I'll change the mini-howto in a minute!
I didn't?? I just had to:

Code:
chown -R user: /opt/vcmi/Maps
So that the user had full access to Maps...

Didn't try saving though.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
That didn't work for me, I get an boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception: what() with permission denied on creating a new game. I don't know why vcmi would try to interact with other processes, but it seems you could have done something else to make it work? Did not try "chown -R user:users /opt/vcmi/" though.

What boost version do you have installed? 1.38 or 1.42? I feel like some of my crashes might be related to the old 1.38 version I have installed. I figured it would at least run with 1.38 after spending quite a few hours porting 1.42 to Maemo... lol
Finally it might be of some use though?

That didn't work for me, I get an boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception: what() with permission denied on creating a new game. I don't know why vcmi would try to interact with other processes, but it seems you could have done something else to make it work? Did not try "chown -R user:users /opt/vcmi/" though.

What boost version do you have installed? 1.38 or 1.42? I feel like some of my crashes might be related to the old 1.38 version I have installed. I figured it would at least run with 1.38 after spending quite a few hours porting 1.42 to Maemo... lol
Finally it might be of some use though?
I have 1.38.0-6.

Just started it again as user

I did get a segfault when I went into battle.. and the time I played previously I got hung when trying to take a mine of some kind.. not sure if that's related or not. It hasn't been actually playable really but I figured that was just the status of the port so far.

I got a pthread_mutex_destroy(&m) in vcmiserver this time when I went into combat.

ETA:
As far as permssions.. /opt/vcmi/Maps is user:users and everything else root:root.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Battles are not working currently, as the battle windows are fixed 800x600. We need functioning 800x480 battlefield pictures to implement it on VCMI side. I guess nobody's willing to create them until now. EDIT: If anyone is speaking French, feel free to help out here. Chris is willing to help but doesn't understand how.

Are you starting vcmiserver yourself? The VCMI wiki states the vcmiserver is not working yet, so I'm not sure if you started it, or if it is started by vcmiclient in some way.

It's strange, I have the same permissions, and still get the crash on every attempt to create a new game. I'll play around a bit...

Anyone else having these crashes upon running vcmiclient as user?

EDIT: The error sais: Cannot open interprocess memory: Permission denied
fatalsaint, could you describe how exactly you are running vcmi?

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-26 at 13:23.

Tags
fheroes2, homm