Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Kevstacey View Post
you should make the gngeo emulator bog standard Ade

include the bios in the package and have options to just open and run a rom. Ive tried countless times to get running but never had any luck!
The package would perhaps not be accepted because of that copyrighted part. Of course you can debate about it, because the NeoGeo console is not sold anymore for a long time. If you download gngeo from the official gngeo site, you also won't find the bios included.

Why you still have problems running NeoGeo games with gngeo is not clear to me. So far, I have been able to help all other members here to get it working...

Just uploaded release 0.0.5-1 with minor changes:

* Show output of GnGeo during rom loading
* Show GnGeo version info in the about screen

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Glad to see you haven't abandoned this port, thanks.

Firts of all, thanks for the big job .

Now i have have a problem, i installed gngeo and after gngeo gui (both with the last versions), i have the neo geo bios and driver, but, when i put the roms, i cant load it, every times says "no roms found", i have all in the corrects paths (/home/user/mydocs/emu-roms/neogeo), i tried in ZIP format, RAR, in a folder, calling "mslug" or "metal slug", and nothing works to me

I read all the post and i dont read any possible solution for me, i need help guys, i am very excited to play neo geo in my n900

Sorry for my bad english and big thanks.

System ate my previous answer so in short:

MyDocs is case sensitive in paths.

Game roms must be in zip, eg. mslug.zip.

Neogeo.zip (bios rom) should be unzipped into a separate directory. If the version you found doesn't have a file called sfix.sfx and has instead sfix.sfix with extra "i", make a copy of sfix.sfix and rename this to sfix.sfx.

Originally Posted by Sheiki View Post
Firts of all, thanks for the big job .

Now i have have a problem, i installed gngeo and after gngeo gui (both with the last versions), i have the neo geo bios and driver, but, when i put the roms, i cant load it, every times says "no roms found", i have all in the corrects paths (/home/user/mydocs/emu-roms/neogeo), i tried in ZIP format, RAR, in a folder, calling "mslug" or "metal slug", and nothing works to me

I read all the post and i dont read any possible solution for me, i need help guys, i am very excited to play neo geo in my n900

Sorry for my bad english and big thanks.
If you get the message "no roms found", your configuration should be okay. If you have zipped roms that are not supported by gngeo, you will also get a "no roms found".
As I always ask to check things on the command prompt first, so please try this in the x-terminal:
Code:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo --scandir /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/
If it does not show any games but the zipped roms are in this directory, your zipped roms are not supported and you should find other versions of them.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
If you get the message "no roms found", your configuration should be okay. If you have zipped roms that are not supported by gngeo, you will also get a "no roms found".
As I always ask to check things on the command prompt first, so please try this in the x-terminal:
Code:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo --scandir /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/
If it does not show any games but the zipped roms are in this directory, your zipped roms are not supported and you should find other versions of them.

I check with the command and show nothing, only says:

"Short name:LongName:FileName"

In my roms directory i have "mslug.zip", in the .zip are this files:
201-v2.rom
201-v2.rom
201-v2.rom
201-p1.rom...
etc etc

I read in some ubuntu forums that the roms need to be in ".bin" format, not in ".rom", but i dont find any bin rom.

I check all Manatus says and is okey.

Thanks for the helps guys

I check with the command and show nothing, only says:

"Short name:LongName:FileName"

In my roms directory i have "mslug.zip", in the .zip are this files:
201-v2.rom
201-v2.rom
201-v2.rom
201-p1.rom...
etc etc

I read in some ubuntu forums that the roms need to be in ".bin" format, not in ".rom", but i dont find any bin rom.

I check all Manatus says and is okey.

Thanks for the helps guys
I don't think the names inside the zip really matters. ".rom" is okay.
Just try another zip version of Metal Slug of try another game. I'm sure one of them will work.

Nope... dont works with others roms o any zip... i try it with others games (mslugx for example) and dont works..

In some post i read something about a "neogeo.drv", its necesary to work?, i put them in the roms folder but dont works... will work If i tried to execute gngeo in xterminal?, but i dont know the command line to put in xterminal..

Other solution i think is reinstall al the aplications, but im not sure with this will works..

Thanks again ade.

Nope... dont works with others roms o any zip... i try it with others games (mslugx for example) and dont works..

In some post i read something about a "neogeo.drv", its necesary to work?, i put them in the roms folder but dont works... will work If i tried to execute gngeo in xterminal?, but i dont know the command line to put in xterminal..

Other solution i think is reinstall al the aplications, but im not sure with this will works..

Thanks again ade.
Metal Slug X could be a tricky one. Does it say "Not supported romset" if you execute it on the x-terminal?
Code:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/<YourMetalSlugX>.zip
If so, you better try some older games first, like "Last resort", "Shock Troopers" or "Neo drift out".