Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
What I have noticed because I have downloaded the game several times the last days cause of firmware flashes is this.

When you go to the Ovi store using the browser on the N900 and click download it seems that nothing happens, but in fact it downloads in the background just not displaying any progress. So when I and probably others click download again and again, the browsers download queue adds up downloads, it all goes slower and finally you get a out of space prompt because many folks don't have the browser cache set to Auto. The largest cache size before auto is 40MB and that's what get full. Set your browser cache to Auto, then try to download the game, then in your browser click on the top menu and select Downloads to see whats going on.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-06-20 at 23:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
And for those who have uploaded Zen Bound to file sharing sites [...]
IMO Nokia Store refusing a card that works just fine in other places does more to help piracy than file sharing sites.

Do you plan on sharing the game through a site that actually has a decent payment system?

Here's a crazy thought: How about E-bay? Does it matter if it's not OVI store? Can't you just set up a PayPal account or something? They are yet to refuse a payment from me and I've now made payments on all non-iced-over continents.

Thoughts?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Umlungu View Post
I got the "/var/temp/zenbound*.deb could not be saved" error. So I checked download manager and it was paused at 14%, so I resumed the download and it paused again at 15%, so I resumed again.
That worked up until 30% when it stopped downloading and displayed the message saying that I'ved reached the download limit and should either buy it again or contact customer care
*boggle* there's a download limit? Ew. I bought Zen Bound on seeing all the reviews had 5 stars and I liked the look of it, and I do enjoy it.

But I'd be awfully annoyed if I had to reflash for some reason, maybe more than once, and then couldn't download the files that Ovi knows perfectly well I've paid for, without paying again.

I presume the link doesn't just lead to the file for saving because it shows as 14kb or something in the App Manager?

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
IMO Nokia Store refusing a card that works just fine in other places does more to help piracy than file sharing sites.
Thoughts?
There's a fair chance it isn't Nokia blocking it, but the card company.
Give the card company a call and ask.

Originally Posted by jjx View Post
There's a fair chance it isn't Nokia blocking it, but the card company.
Give the card company a call and ask.
He's right. No excuse for piracy. If you really wanna buy you'll find a way (like use your friend's card and pay him back, lots of ways like that).
And I used to pirate a lot. No excuse, did it because I can - still do sometimes when I don't have money to pay for games but I never make excuses for it.
________
Interracial Gangbang

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:18.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It's good to know your opinions. I'm still hoping the intended target of my question will answer.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Almost a zen-like feeling to sit and swipe around and around and around... I like it. It will make the commute much shorter (I'm sure I'll miss my station more than once )

Installed on second try, the first time I used 2.5G and got 8% before I switched to wlan.

Overall, 4 stars.

Regards,
Henrik

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
any other game in the pipe from secret exit?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
It's great to see this finally come to fruition, and i hope to see more great games from Secret Exit. Congratulations on a great initial offering!

I have renamed the thread and am going to unstick it now that it has had good exposure. Please continue to use it to announce new titles and make other official posts

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Great game secret exit !
Hope there are coming many more of your games to the N900.