Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Ive put the ipv4 apn as the original and the ipv6 to the one tmobile sent me in confirmation letter. it works but how do i know it switching between ipv4 and ipv6 properly. thanks guys
That is correct. If both http://ipv6.whatismyv6.com and http://66.117.47.214 work, then you have both ipv4 and ipv6

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
Thanks its working great.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I got geePS worked only once. After rebooted, it wont open again. Currently everything works, except GeePS and Skype. Any suggestions where to look? Or should I redo ddown's 1.3 (http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/LDPreloadNat64) version again? Well, I am NOT as techie as other guys , I hope I am teachable

I can connect to IPv6 and switch back and forth to wifi without problems. Thank you ddown for your hardwork.

N900, OS1.3, power kernel 45, OC, using ddown 1.3 script.

TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-12-11 at 21:34.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
bun-

skype probably isn't going to work according to what ddown has posted. I haven't had any problems with GeePS not working.

However, yesterday afternoon, I was getting a very slow data connection (v4 & v6). It was causing RadioTimeToGo to crash. Later that evening in a different room, my connection was better, and RTTG was working just fine.

I'm guessing if RTTG doesn't get a response back from the internet, it times out and crashes. I'll bet GeePS is the same.

Maybe give it a couple of hours, or try a different location?

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to confirm that pretty much that I tried works, including ssh and gtalk voice. The only not working thing is Skype, which is a shame, because with Skype working there is no need to use cellphone minutes.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
bun-

skype probably isn't going to work according to what ddown has posted. I haven't had any problems with GeePS not working.

However, yesterday afternoon, I was getting a very slow data connection (v4 & v6). It was causing RadioTimeToGo to crash. Later that evening in a different room, my connection was better, and RTTG was working just fine.

I'm guessing if RTTG doesn't get a response back from the internet, it times out and crashes. I'll bet GeePS is the same.

Maybe give it a couple of hours, or try a different location?
Tks.

I did the whatismyipv6address.com test, I was able to connect to ipv4 only test and ipv6 only test. I think that means I can connect to both.

My GeePS still wont connect. It loads for a second, then quit by itself. I know I was able to connect to GeePS right after ddown's script, and in fact I used it for half an hour, and now it cannot connect any more. Oh sure, it connects when switch to wifi.

I am using Modrana on ipv6 and has no problem.

App manager runs without any problem

Ovi Maps runs, no problem

so does The One Ring/GVoice, no problem

I am OC limits to 950,500, switched to 600,250, still cannot load GeePS

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Just curious what is the tentative date for the beta test to end?

Thanks

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by db_tobago View Post
Just curious what is the tentative date for the beta test to end?

Thanks
I hope never :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
I also hope that it will never end, but realistically it will probably end in the summer or earlier, as the new Android devices will support IPv6.

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
I also hope that it will never end, but realistically it will probably end in the summer or earlier, as the new Android devices will support IPv6.
The plan is that the beta will continue until after the production IPv6 service is launched towards the end of 2011.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tmojoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile