Notices

Originally Posted by danx View Post
I am trying to install but can't due to meamo packages , can anyone help ?
Afraid I need more information. Output from:

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install pyradio
Or application manager logs would be useful.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

This app is wonderful. In the short while I've been playing with it, it's worked very well - as long as my connection has been good. Unfortunately, I'm using it near the edge of wifi coverage, so my signal is pretty poor. At times, the audio would drop out, though the time would keep running. Eventually, the audio would restart, and the time would reset to where it was supposed to be.

Some sort of connection issue notification (perhaps one of those yellow banners?) would be nice so I know what's going on.

Changing the quality to Low seems to have fixed it for now.

Thanks again for the great work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nazrax For This Useful Post:
Fatalsaint---You (and Opera's team) have single-handedly restored the utility of my N800!

Backstory-My A/C adapter had gotten bent in the Spring (soon after Opera launched for Maemo) and I kinda put the N800 in the drawer for a while, figuring that I'd eventually replace it with something else. I finally decided to buy a new A/C adapter from Amazon last week to give it another shot. Adapter arrived, I decided to do a clean Diablo flash, and I popped onto this forum to see what I'd missed over the last 6 months or so since I last checked in. Found a ghost town in the N800 section, and generally far less activity than I'd remembered. But I also found PyRadio and that made my week!

Seriously-- a Pandora app is the one thing that I'd been wanting all these years and one of the main reasons I'd switch to an iPod touch, but I knew that Pandora themselves wasn't going to bother. I never realized that someone from the community could make one, and I am so grateful that you took on that task. I guess there aren't that many of us N800 users around these days, but I really appreciate that you also did the work to make it installable on Diablo.

This N800 still has some life in it, for sure. Thanks for giving it some much needed CPR!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slip For This Useful Post:
Of late I haven't been able to log thry Pyradio into Pandora at all on my N900. Each time it keeps asking for the username and password fails - asks again (twice in all) then closes out.

Thinking I was typing the wrong password - I changed my password in Pandora (from the browser) and retried - same result.

Today I installed PyRadio on my N810 - and from first logon the user name / password doesnt work - it still doesn't log in. But unlike the N900 Pyradio stays open after each login attempt - doesn't close out at least.

Any ideas why this might be happening to me ?

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Any ideas why this might be happening to me ?
Unfortunately no.. mine still authenticates. Run it from a terminal:

Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
And give me the output please.

Sorry 3.1 isn't out yet guys.. doing some restructuring of the menu and the interface. Removed the volume slider, it was problematic. It was convenient, but I found I would accidentally hit and change the volume when trying to thumb up/down songs or change stations.

Also looking again at the song skipping.

Got some life stuff getting in the way of coding too so it's slowing me down. Hopefully will have an update soon.

It seems aside the song skipping.. the biggest complaint is handling bad/lossy networks. That I don't have an answer for yet. I'm still thinking on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
3.1 is up. Please report any bugs.

New Settings menu that has the Username/Password, Song Quality and Orientation preferences (yes, you can now set it to Landscape, Portrait, or Auto. Default is still Auto.).

Once again have tried to fix song skipping.. I've hit next in rapid succession, waited till end of songs, hit next at random point in songs.. everything I could think and haven't gotten a skip I don't intend now. So, hopefully, this one will work OK.

Enjoy.. I would like to push this one forward up if there are no complaints.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post

New Settings menu that has the Username/Password, Song Quality and Orientation preferences (yes, you can now set it to Landscape, Portrait, or Auto. Default is still Auto.).

Once again have tried to fix song skipping.. I've hit next in rapid succession, waited till end of songs, hit next at random point in songs.. everything I could think and haven't gotten a skip I don't intend now. So, hopefully, this one will work OK.

Thanks, will download and test it as soon as it shows up in extra-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately no.. mine still authenticates. Run it from a terminal:

Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
And give me the output please.
~ $ pyradio
-sh: pyradio: not found
~ $ /opt
-sh: /opt: Permission denied
~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.6.1 (2008-05-22 10:32:35 EEST) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user #
/home/user # cd /opt
/opt # ls
pyRadio
/opt # /opt/pyradio
/bin/sh: /opt/pyradio: not found
/opt # /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
QGtkStyle cannot be used together with the GTK_Qt engine.
could not autorotate on
No FM Transmitter.
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.162.41|1284084818777|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
Code: 1
False
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.161.169|1284084847169|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
False
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.160.148|1284084876015|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
False
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 444, in sigAuth
self.auth()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 453, in auth
self.closeEvent()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 572, in closeEvent
self.player.close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 227, in close
self.player.close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/AbstractBackend.py", line 433, in close
self._close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/OSSOBackend.py", line 172, in _close
self.__current_player.stop()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'

This was on the N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

Dude, in the last version none of the remaining complaints were show stoppers on the N900. Nothing crashes the desktop, it is optified, runs below 55% load in the background, and allows the CPU's clock to scale down. Ii was ready for "testing" love then.

I'll run this next version through it's paces all day tomorrow while on the move and report back but if it has no OS issues I believe you're doing yourself a disservice by not promoting it. With a larger user base you can better establish priorities, gain new support, and possibly provide even more enhancements.

We all win!

In the future you could possibly provide an option that will tie stream quality to signal quality...

Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.get_signal_strength | awk 'NR==2 {print $2" %"}'
...and maybe if this is enabled by default you could reduce the initial connection related complaints, but that's about it.

I wouldn't put to much into that^ though... The complaints are sure to come anyway. That is until seasoned users educate new users about how this all works. Promoting it to testing will help provide more seasoned users, savvy?

In an earlier paragraph I purposely used the word enhancements instead of features. This thing of yours does one thing extremely well. Adding more features might divert attention from its primary purpose.

Besides, I imagine you will have your hands full keeping up with future changes in your sources delivery schemes. In fact, I'm not convinced that the reason for occasional song skips are on your end. It may very well be a server side issue.

In any event, Good job! A most excellent effort on behalf of us folks in the cheap seats.

BTW, should we uninstall first or just update the previous version?

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-10 at 02:52. Reason: you're for your

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio