Active Topics

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this website along with this I'm new with my N900 device though I have done some changes in Firmware like flashing with 900Mhz and changing Maemo Indian OS to Global OS.

But I'm very much interested for Meego.. can any one tell is there any official release and image for installing Meego for user end.

and is Maemo PR1.2 is release my software Version is 10.2010.19-1

Please do reply on this..

Thanks & Regards
Sahil

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
Maemo 6 is a transitional release. Basically Nokia was way down the road with Maemo 6 development when the MeeGo "merge" happened.
Very true... I remember right before the N900 was released, I had read on Twitter from Phonedog Noah where Jussi Makinen was giving a demo of the Maemo 5 UI and inadvertently said, "Wait until you see Maemo 6, it will blow this out of the water...". My thought is that it's not very cool when the phone you're demoing isn't even out yet. I just thought it was very strange for him to say that.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

The Following User Says Thank You to scribbles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Very true... I remember right before the N900 was released, I had read on Twitter from Phonedog Noah where Jussi Makinen was giving a demo of the Maemo 5 UI and inadvertently said, "Wait until you see Maemo 6, it will blow this out of the water...". My thought is that it's not very cool when the phone you're demoing isn't even out yet. I just thought it was very strange for him to say that.
I thought it was rather silly also. Shame we will never see it, or maybe not.

Originally Posted by s.khiwani View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this website along with this I'm new with my N900 device though I have done some changes in Firmware like flashing with 900Mhz and changing Maemo Indian OS to Global OS.

But I'm very much interested for Meego.. can any one tell is there any official release and image for installing Meego for user end.

and is Maemo PR1.2 is release my software Version is 10.2010.19-1

Please do reply on this..

Thanks & Regards
Sahil
There is such guideline:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=757

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Am I the only one who finds the name "N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan release from Nokia" a mouthful and fairly non-descriptive for people new to Maemo/MeeGo ? How about giving it at least a shorter name ? Maybe MeeGo-Harmattan HE in the tradition of Hacker Editions of OS2007HE and OS2008HE ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I would give it a go. Its much more eatable for ordinary people like me!

Perhaps Quil and his co-workers can at least post the odd link to new developments. The N900 is a class phone and I'm sure will have a Meego OS soon. The Meego widgets gallery download shows constant upgrades and development and has a Meego Theme (not activaTed yet though).
Lets see what develops, I for one am interested.....

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ the holy land
maybe the developers of meego for n900
can add more things..........

HD playback......recording

1GHZ kernel

better battery life

Originally Posted by maemo5 View Post
1GHZ kernel
How would developers be able to change everyones hardware???
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Am I the only one who finds the name "N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan release from Nokia" a mouthful and fairly non-descriptive for people new to Maemo/MeeGo ? How about giving it at least a shorter name ? Maybe MeeGo-Harmattan HE in the tradition of Hacker Editions of OS2007HE and OS2008HE ?
Changed as per request.

Status update: this project is on hold until a first release of MeeGo-Harmattan (let me insist: provisional name) is published.

We are working on the fixes required for this first release to go out:

- MeeGo Handset unstable releases @ meego.com go first. It would be confusing and unfair if a MeeGo-Harmattan SDK release would include components that are meant to be in MeeGo but we haven't opened them yet. We are still opening components and integrating them to MeeGo almost on a weekly basis.

- The "based on MeeGo" also needs to be clear and in line with the MeeGo project and the Linux Foundation, owner of the MeeGo trademark. Having a first release ignoring this point would be also confusing and unfair. This step depends on the definition of the MeeGo Compliance, which is still a work-in-progress.

You will hear more about MeeGo-Harmattan unstable releases probably when these points are in a mature/done state.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, meego