Active Topics

It may be also worth mentioning it on bug report, isn't it? I wonder if that means all the thing about "swapping hell" due to bad cp program (or decompression) are false...

Hello,

I have a problem with locales. Is there a workaround or solution for this?
Easy debian v3e.

Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
rpugsley:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian#Localization

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry for bothering, but somehow in my n900 inside debian, it is reading the 2ndF button as it was the CTRL button... How do I resolve this? I tried the "fixhwkbd" shortcut but it does nothing.

What is even stranger is that in the first times it worked. |:/

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Germany
Hi!

Like user rebhana mentioned earlier (thx for that) and as it is also written in the EasyDebian-Wiki, i tried to make encfs work. Everything seems to work fine but loading fuse. When I do

Code:
modprobe fuse
in Terminal, i get

Code:
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/oss-compat, it will be ignored in future release.
FATAL: Coulrd not load /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power47/modules.dep No such file or directory
I'm quite not shure if this error depends on PowerKernel or if there is a some problem with my EasyDebian-Image (v3d).
How can i solve the Problem? Any ideas?

Last edited by groxx; 2011-06-21 at 22:25.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Any news regarding the issues with the image installer?

edit: anything that won't involve uninstalling and reinstalling lots of **** i could do to help diagnose what is going on?

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-06-22 at 01:04.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
groxx: make sure you insert the modules in Maemo, before starting Debian. You need modules compiled for your kernel.

TiagoTiago: can you just buy a class 6 / 10 microSD and install on there? An 8GB class 10 is less than $15 here in Canada...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Now we definitely need Easy Debian for the N9[50].
Qole you did apply for the dev program, didn't you?
And, you know, also Easy Debian for the androids. I feel ready to experiment, now after I understood what is adb and how to backup every partition of the Tab (thanks to Danramos)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Now we definitely need Easy Debian for the N9[50].
Qole you did apply for the dev program, didn't you?
And, you know, also Easy Debian for the androids. I feel ready to experiment, now after I understood what is adb and how to backup every partition of the Tab (thanks to Danramos)
Hi debernardis. I was wondering if a plan b was possible. Easy Debian is so great because it is a portal to the debian repositories which have so many useful applications. Are there current android phones that could potentially run software in the Debian repositories without recompiling? Anyways, I do not begrudge Nokia for marketing the n9 without keyboard (their choice), indeed I am greatfull that they made n900 in the first place, which is a great device, but as a consumer, I purchase a product based on my needs which the kb less n9 can't possibly meet because I do too much typing and the slide out kb make it so much easier in many ways. So while I love using the n900 and plan to do so for quite a while, it still comes up a bit short as it needs a faster processor, more ram and bigger screen 4-5 inches to take better advtange of the debian software. Such improvements would make using openoffice more productive for example. Also the ui of debian available software like wxmaxima would be nicer to use as text is still pretty small. Perhaps a better ui would solve this but scaling things up a little wouldn't hurt. Perhaps another possibility is adapt a mobile version of ubuntu to hack on an android. It would be great if there was a mobile version of debian that could also be used to make phone calls, something with a GUI ... wait isn't that called Maemo. aaarrrgggghhhh!!!!

It seems to me that one of the first things we need to know is, does the Harmattan onscreen VKB pass keystrokes through to all apps, or is it limited to a small set of "compliant" apps, like the N900 keyboard?

I suspect we'll need to re-invent the wheel, maybe we can grab the MeeGo VKB and use it for Easy Debian...

We won't know until we're able to start experimenting, but the N9 supposedly has a working USB OTG, and BT, so we can theoretically get external keyboards working. Remembering how much they stripped out of the N900, we might have a lot of hacking to do first.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze