Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
[1] Ok I had to reflash firmware and emmc.
[2] Installed Sygic through N900 App Manager
[3] Moved backup folders: RES, DRIVE, MAPS, to MyDocs.
[4] Then had to run the Sygic Assistant

Then it worked for me.
As long as you're having fun!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Does someone know a source where I can download speedcam POIs? I need badly ones for Germany at least, don't want to get more police punishes :P

German:
Kennt jemand eine Quelle wo ich mir die Blitzer POIs runterladen kann?
Nobody got a idea yet? I found sources like http://mygully.com/thread/116-update...on-1817750-13/ and I can even select the POIs on the POI selection menu. Still they don't display on the map itself :/

well i installed it all over yet again and copied the files to MyDocs and the sygic.desktop file was pointing at the opt folder after changing it to the mentioned line posted by the OP it is yet again does not work.. this time it does not start at all not even though the xterm

could anyone give me instructions for dummies how to? i am getting really unhappy with this (i dont really need the GPS that much it just became an obstacle i must conquer/go through) thanks guys i believe you will come to my rescue...

thanks

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vulcan
@Weedalot

Does it return any error message when running it on terminal?

Last edited by Trek1701; 2010-05-30 at 21:40.

Permission Denied (was) i finally did it.. i managed to beat the beast :P

Originally Posted by robnas View Post
I got a question about speedcams:
Within Sygic you can manually set the distance for a warning when approaching a speed- or redlightcam. but when I set it to 100 meters, the warning comes too late, when I set it to 200 meters, the warning comes too early. Is there a way to get this to 150 meters?
kick...
slowchat spoiling the fun...

Anyone know if it's somehow possible to search for the streetname before the cityname? here in Denmark at least some roads are placed in the wrong citys/postalcodes in Sygic's map... Makes it very hard to locate destinations sometimes..

The Following User Says Thank You to haj For This Useful Post:
Anyway way to make Sygic start in portrait mode by default every time?
My phone mounts in my car sideways and having to hit the button every time is irritating :P

EDIT: Plus I just remembered something else.
Here in the UK, when I enter a postcode, it doesnt let me enter the last 2 digits, I have to enter streetname and number instead.

Is there a way I can just enter a whole postcode like (for example) on a TomTom?

I usually dont bother with street names, just postcode and buliding name, so this irritates me quite a lot.

Last edited by FifthFreedom; 2010-06-01 at 20:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to FifthFreedom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by haj View Post
Anyone know if it's somehow possible to search for the streetname before the cityname? here in Denmark at least some roads are placed in the wrong citys/postalcodes in Sygic's map... Makes it very hard to locate destinations sometimes..
I haven't found this function, if there is such a function. will ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FifthFreedom View Post
EDIT: Plus I just remembered something else.
Here in the UK, when I enter a postcode, it doesnt let me enter the last 2 digits, I have to enter streetname and number instead.
What happens? I'm in the UK and I can enter full postcodes. I sometimes have to press the abc button to get all the letters back in view but it still lets me type them all