Active Topics

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Why no GPU acceleration in the Maemo version? Same chipset as Droid and it has been shown with GPU support in demonstrations. It will be a tad ironic if Droid and other Android devices have better Flash performance.

One of my main reasons for keeping the N900 was as a micro netbook, but if no GPU support for Flash, Android browser is just as functional for me.

Oh well, at least I still can use it as a media player and MAME system.
There is no h264 GPU acceleration on either the Droid or N900 since neither has a hardware h264 decoder.

It will be GPU accelerated for other things, on both phones.

Originally Posted by SD. View Post
There is no h264 GPU acceleration on either the Droid or N900 since neither has a hardware h264 decoder.

It will be GPU accelerated for other things, on both phones.
Not really true. No, the OMAP3430 does not have a specialized h264 decoder. However, it does have accelerator hardware that makes 480p h264 possible to decode and display. It isn't just h264 - the device is adaptable to wmv, mpeg4, theora, and any of the other related technologies to a greater or lesser degree.

The Following User Says Thank You to janeuner For This Useful Post:
And maemo includes a h264 baseline decoder and a mpeg4asp decoder running on the dsp.. Still I'm doubtful we'll see it accelerated om linux anytime soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
We need to get flash 10.1 because allready the first websites give me the "get latest adobe flash from here message" And am unable to visit the website.

Second of all there is no hd support for youtube. even worse is that the video's are terribly low quality

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Qole is saying on twitter there will be no flash 10 on N900 I was really looking forward to better flash perfomance.

http://twitter.com/qole

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Qole is saying on twitter there will be no flash 10 on N900 I was really looking forward to better flash perfomance.

that would be so wrong. sooooooooo soooo wrong. its one of the reasons i got an n900

The Following User Says Thank You to Box215 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post

If true, and I have no reason to doubt qole... I'll be waiting for the next Nokia product indeed.

I wonder if MeeGo would be an answer for that as well...... *shrug*.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I wonder if MeeGo would be an answer for that as well...... *shrug*.
I wonder if Adobe would provide that arm port needed without support from Nokia, I get the feel that business decisions are at play rather than capabilities.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
hey look we got flash we got flash.....except that its old and laggy on numerous video pages (vimeo for example). Another joke.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update