Notices

Hello...
mmm... it looks that all the tiles on /.maps are being used by AGTL and Mappero. Cool. Thank you for your help.

It is impossible to import my pocket queries to AGTL and I don't want to use internet of my phone provider...

Mappero is not working well with GPXView... When I go to "goto" -"show coordinate on map" - "maemo mapper" Mappero opens... but without any cache.

If I chose "internal map" I have to download tiles... do you know where is the folder?

Thanks again

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Maybe You should try/play a little bit more with the other application (stop hijacking this thread about AGTL).

This will be my last answer in this thread for GPXView related questions :
after opening internal map, You have the opportunity to choose between a lot of map providers (small arrow in right lower corner; if You choose OSM1, above mentioned path matches)

see here for more info about
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19371

Hi,

I love this very nice tool. It's my primary geocaching tool

But since a few days I can't download any details of a cach. After a few seconds I got always the error:

"local variable 'usertoken' referenced before assignment"

I have AGTL V 0.8.0.7

Somebody know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Quick response: my version is working properly, so it is not a general error. Re-install?

@rob_kouw thank you for the quick answer

I've reinstalled it several times - no changes

After a reinstall, all my local saved settings, account and cache information, are still there. Is there a way to remove all this data too?

I don't know, but it could be a problem with the temporary files?

all the best.

Hi,
nobody can help me? I can't use AGTL at the moment, so I can't go geocaching too.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

BR

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Never run into such. The error sounds more like a bug (raised by missing config item?).
But You may tinker arond with directories /home/user/.agtl (containing Your configs and cache database) and maybe also /home/user/MyDocs/.geocaches (afaik containing only pics of caches).
I propose to rename that dir and start again with fresh settings. If everythings fine, copy back the caches.db ...

--edit
Just started AGTL (after some while) and noticed some update of cachedownloader.py.
So it looks like webhamster still takes care of us geocachers. *thumbsup* and *thanks*

Maybe this solves Your problems?
I was not caching for a few weeks now ), so maybe I just did not notice that,

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-09-28 at 22:58.

As some geocaches in The Netherlands are based on Dutch Grid, I thought of adding an extra tool to AGTL (near and similar to Coordinate Projection).

This is the first time for me to program something in Python for the Maemo system. After changing hildon_plugins.py (attached) I loaded it into the N900, and AGTL would not start any more. (After restoring the backup file, it worked again.)

So I must have done something wrong. Any (Dutch) enthousiasts willing to help? And @Daniel Fett, would such an extension be OK with you?

Cheers, Rob
Attached Files
File Type: zip hildon_plugins.py.zip (10.1 KB, 68 views)

I have gained some terrain here, but it doesn't work yet.

Something goes wrong with the handling of the input, and the calculation of the result coordinate in a function I found on the internet.

My feeling: it is a very small step now to complete it.

I took the code of tool "Coordinate Projection" as a base, changing only small bits. This code '_show_tool_heading()' is just below the new part, and can easily be compared.

The part where it goes wrong starts with:
# here it must go wrong, even the test function and test values are failing
Attached Files
File Type: zip hildon_plugins.py 2.zip (11.1 KB, 71 views)

OK, I finally worked things out. The attached file contains three added pieces of code, all clearly marked. The original code has not been changed. If you wish to use it, drop the file (unzipped) in the /home/opt/advancedcaching folder of your N900, replacing the original hildon_plugins.py file.

It will bring you an extra Tool, Dutch Grid RD to WGS. The Dutch Grid or Rijksdriehoekscoordinaten RD works with X ad Y values, in this case in meters. The tool transforms these values into Latitude-Longitude. More info:
http://www.dekoepel.nl/pdf/Transformatieformules.pdf

Maybe Daniel can take it into the standard version of AGTL?

Happy caching in Holland!
Attached Files
File Type: zip hildon_plugins.py.zip (10.4 KB, 74 views)