Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
kp50? is kp49 already in extras?
In Extras-devel & Extras-testing. Read first post!

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Test my last pre50 build. If all problems are fixed and pre50 version can be pushed to Extras-devel as v50 I will start new thread for kernel-power.
Installed the new version, no problems sofar.

Installed these packages (in order):

kernel-power_2.6.28-10power49+pre50_armel.deb
kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-10power49+pre50_armel.deb
kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-10power49+pre50_armel.deb

From your share.
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/

Guess that was correct

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
In Extras-devel & Extras-testing. Read first post!
thanks but how come there is a kp50 already if kp49 is not yet in Extras as in Extras not devel/testing?

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
thanks but how come there is a kp50 already if kp49 is not yet in Extras as in Extras not devel/testing?
v50 is not released yet.
pre50 is on above URL.
v49 is in Extras-testing and in Extras-devel.
v42 is in Extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
v50 is not released yet.
pre50 is on above URL.
v49 is in Extras-testing and in Extras-devel.
v42 is in Extras.
I think the ask is, why not promote v49 to Extras? It seems pretty stable, and most of us have been running on it for a while. I think I know the answer: You expect K50 to be rock solid, and want to push that from devel, to testing and up to extras in one straight shot.

I'm good either way. Just wanted to clarify what the other poster is probably getting at.

Btw: Pre50 has changed over from wifi to 2G, 3G, and dual on my device dozens of times in the past 12 hours. No reboots yet. (knock on wood!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I think I know the answer: You expect K50 to be rock solid, and want to push that from devel, to testing and up to extras in one straight shot.
Exactly

And we still need to modify kernel-power-settings to deal with obsoleted frequencies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
I can make this configuration with batterypatch installed, or do I have to uninstall
No. Battery patch does several kernel-config calls, which override the use of this file shortly after boot. You will not be able to tune your kernel while running battery-patch, as the scripts repeatedly load different configurations as a routine part of it's operation.

Personally, after a great deal of analysis of battery-patch; I'm pretty convinced that if you load KP, and configure it properly, you will get as good or better battery savings. 99% of what the battery patch scripts do is load one of three tuned kernel profiles, based on the state of the device. I'm pretty convinced that can be boiled down to one single profile, based on your usage pattern, which will give better results with less mucking about.

On the upside, battery-patch has now been fixed in that removing the package does in fact appear to revert the system to it's pre-patched state (with the exception that you must re-default your kernel-config to personal settings if you had them previously). So there's less harm in trying it out, if you don't want to bother with tuning your own profile. Speed-patch OTOH still sometimes leaves remnant changes behind, at least in the last version I analyzed. As with any constantly updating app: in the next version all bets are off, especially since the author says the next version is a major re-write of what was being done before (again).

My advice: Uninstall anything with "patch" in the title and craft your own kernel profile. It will better suit what your usage pattern is, and has less issues in the long run when it comes to updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
i don't wanna hijack
but i got 1 coin of reply

on the other hand check this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3012

and woody ?? (again)! i have never stated that i have adapted cgroup to syspart before
didn't like this from u

Originally Posted by karam View Post
and woody ?? (again)! i have never stated that i have adapted cgroup to syspart before
didn't like this from u
Replying on your thread, to not pollute this one...

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
previously on v42, today i updated to v49 in extras-testing. everything seems to be ok except i am unable to watch flash videos on microb. it only shows a black square for example in youtube. tried in a couple of other sites but experienced the same problem. i tried playing an flv file in kmplayer and it worked. rebooted twice but the problem still persits. what could be wrong? i am using tweakflash.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou