Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Yeah I understand but it is what I said. If the user want to stay in 2G mode, he has just not to enable the option in autodisconnect, that's easy!
I agree that doing this, it will work well....but I will need to change two configurations: the AutoDisconnect one AND the network mode!

Today I left the network only in 2G, to save battery. But when need a 3G connection I use the "3G/2G/Dual Mode Selection Applet" to change to 3G, and after back to 2G. If I let the AutoDisconnect configuration for 2G enabled, the device will try to connect in a 3G network....even if it's not available. I will need to change two configurations.

That's why I've asked if it's possible for AutoDisconnect check the network mode configured in the device, and only if in 3G or dual it will change for 3G. If the configuration is 2G, it will do nothing.

And sorry for my poor english!

The Following User Says Thank You to jaguilar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I've gone through the thread but I'm afraid it's not obvious to me. What do I do if I don't want autodisonnect to manage my bluetooth? My headset keeps disconnecting after a while (of course) so when I attempt to make or answer a call there's a bit of confusion while I try to sort out what device I should be talking & listening to TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Originally Posted by grog View Post
I've gone through the thread but I'm afraid it's not obvious to me. What do I do if I don't want autodisonnect to manage my bluetooth? My headset keeps disconnecting after a while (of course) so when I attempt to make or answer a call there's a bit of confusion while I try to sort out what device I should be talking & listening to TX
Tried uncheking "Yes" in the Bluetooth tab?

Originally Posted by maddler View Post
Tried uncheking "Yes" in the Bluetooth tab?
Good idea , but that's the first thing I tried & doesn't work . Any other ideas? TX
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

"* New feature [#5732] : Switch automatically 2G <-> 3G"

would be better like (as mentioned earlier)

"* New feature [#5732] : Switch automatically 2G <-> Dual mode"

and why isn't it possible to use less then 10 minutes for the Bluetooth connection/disconnection?

Originally Posted by grog View Post
Good idea , but that's the first thing I tried & doesn't work . Any other ideas? TX
I checked the box, saved, then went back in & unchecked it again. Same behaiour, so I put the interval as high as it would go (180), which at least forestalls it.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
I love the app, but am also having issues with the beta functionality of switching to 2G mode.. when I use ConnectNow to connect to one of my three saved WiFi spots, and the option is checked, it automatically switches over to 3G. I could understand that if I was connecting to my mobile carrier, but surely for WiFi it should leave the mode as is? (I'm also using the 2G/3G/Dual switcher).

Would be great if you could implement an option for 2G/Dual Mode.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
I love the app, but am also having issues with the beta functionality of switching to 2G mode.. when I use ConnectNow to connect to one of my three saved WiFi spots, and the option is checked, it automatically switches over to 3G. I could understand that if I was connecting to my mobile carrier, but surely for WiFi it should leave the mode as is? (I'm also using the 2G/3G/Dual switcher).
A bug in Maemo makes impossible to know which connection has been launched so 3G is activated every time.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Would be great if you could implement an option for 2G/Dual Mode.
I will implement it as soon as I come back from holidays!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post: