Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Thread about collecting the infos from meego irc: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44859

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
thanks

fyi IRC in the evenings is done at the kitchen: good wlan connection and big Andalousian table (the Andalousian detail is added to spice up your imagination). Evening calls are made from the sauna (engine turned off) not to awake children.

In Finland I've discovered how good saunas with wooden walls and ceiling are to handle sound. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has used a sauna to record music (specially soloists, since saunas tend to be rather small).
Nope. The concept "Kitchen Table" has nothing like the same effect on my imagination as "Sauna". Probably just as well.

Thanks for the IRC chat - I found it via twitter. Thanks too for the reassurance all round. I think people are getting over the shock now.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok, allow me to ask this.

If you have a product that's out now, there's a questionable upgrade path, a recent announcement makes that upgrade path already more questionable... why not answer the simple question of "Should I buy now, or should I buy later?" in clear, simple terms?

Either answer now, deal with a little bit of wrath - but sell a lot less units - or deal with it later... and deal with the wrath of a lot more people. The people that don't know about Maemo 6, MeeGo, Harmattan... hell, how to even get to the terminal and install via dpkg.

I just don't get what's the problem with answering that one question? Will it be upgraded or not? Coyly walking around that question just creates more doubt about the current product and future product.

I just don't get it. And no... I don't want to hear "we're working on the details..." or "you'll have to be patient..." or even "we can't say right now..." because all of those to a consumer ear means "Nope. If you've bought it, you're screwed. If you buy it, you're screwed. And if you're waiting for information... you're screwed."

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Here is the Link for the MeeGo logs: http://mg.pov.lt/meego-irclog/

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Nope. The concept "Kitchen Table" has nothing like the same effect on my imagination as "Sauna". Probably just as well.
Maybe I could draw you a fast mockup. What kind of body would you like? George Clooney or the young Arnold Schwarzenegger?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Here is the Link for the MeeGo logs: http://mg.pov.lt/meego-irclog/

Maybe I could draw you a fast mockup. What kind of body would you like? George Clooney or the young Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Who or who? Sorry - I like my men more cerebral than muscular.

Thanks for the logs!

Thanks for the logs!

pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
If you can find a nude picture of Einstein I could prepare it with quim's head. (just and only for your imagination)

Has anybody a nice picture of a finish sauna?

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
If you can find a nude picture of Einstein I could prepare it with quim's head. (just and only for your imagination)
get these pictures out of my head now!!!

guess i'll have to re-flash my brain....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:

Has anybody a nice picture of a finish sauna?
Now I'm sat here wondering whether that's better or worse than the sauna image I already have... Einstein has the disadvantage of having been dead for a while.

Now I'm sat here wondering whether that's better or worse than the sauna image I already have... Einstein has the disadvantage of having been dead for a while.
So Quil's head on a decayed, decrepid, fragile body in a sauna.

Win thread is Win .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!