Poll Options
Mandatory apps to buy JollaPhone

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
minimum 42, most likely.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
The plot thickens...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

I declare this N900 is a fake. There is no thumb catch on the lock slider. If this N900 is a fake, perhaps John is...

wait...

John Conner??
Kyle Reece??

What is this?????
Plus the fact that he's got 3G and all his im availabilities turned on, it's 4PM and his battery's FULL.
GTFO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Plus the fact that he's got 3G and all his im availabilities turned on, it's 4PM and his battery's FULL.
GTFO.
Also, if he lives in Barcelona why does he have a Finnish telephone number?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
If Jolla is done the right way, it will be awfully easy to port all those QML & Qt from N900/N9/Nemo to their OS. If it reuses what has been done these last years, it will quickly be able to support tablets.

What is needed isn't another closed ecosystem: we want to be able to reuse the existing one ! If they really intend to go on the market, they *must* be compatible with Tizen and N9. All these OS share the same roots, nearly the same kernel, have (or will have) nearly the same Qt support.

So my answer is: all that already exists for Qt/N9.
Sounds great One slight problem i can think of right away is that Jolla will be based on upstream MeeGo which is rpm rather than deb. So although it may be straightforward to port existing applications, they may still need to be all repackaged.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
xterm, bash, nano, python/pyside, gcc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
WTF is this spam?

1. Xterm.
Words cannot describe how right this post is.

Although I would elaborate, since XTerm is far less useful if it's crippled by stuff that locks down the user's freedom, so:

I want command line access with root priviledges that don't require that I go out of my way to get them.

I find having to install anything, even rootsh, after a reflash of my N900(s) just to get root, to be distasteful, but I can tolerate that, at least, but anything else is too much. If they gave me a phone where I had to do everything from a console, I would be okay with it if the underlying Linux was free and not-crippled enough that I could expect the community at large to eventually do the rest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Threads like this is why we can't have nice things

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Thanks for all the comments, but I wonder why some people write so despiseful comments. They must reflect the commenter himself. It must be nice to e considered a negative person...
I'm not active on any forums, but my experience has always been positive on linux forums -until now. I think a poll is much more informative than a 300 post long conversation, thats why the poll.

What I was interested in, was to find out whether it's true or not what most tech-bloggers and analytics think; that an app(lication) store with at least 100'000 applications is crucial for the survival of a platform. According to the poll results until now, it isn't. So taking this poit of view, there is a good chance of survival for the coming phone from Jolla.

So according to the results:
Jolla will "lose" 2% of potential customers if there isn't at least 1000 applications.
Jolla will lose 50% of potential customers, if there isn't a routing map application.

I hope you negative people got my point. Maybe the JollaMobile people even gain faith in their project from this poll. I really hope it succeeds. Good luck to them!

Last edited by maakoi; 2012-07-10 at 17:26.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
No serious / sane person wants another "but i want this/that/with t*ts/whiny/request/speculation" thread. It goes on (quite some) nerves, seriously. Because it's neither a) productive nor b) not the oppposite of time wasting. But when you really crave such idle / stupid chit-chat, go to the MobileNations sites/forums.

Be patient, show that you are not hysterical, and maybe just stfu and see how things will evolve. Especially if you know nothing about the company or their (future) products.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-07-10 at 16:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rocks, dear santa, herewegoagain, poll attack, trollatroll