Hi there. I just installed the stable CSSU on my device, and now it seems like it has messed up everything. When I boot, my desktop is all messed up and disabled. I mean, I can open up Apps, and use power butten or connect to a wifi, but i cant open x-term for example, nor can I swap desktops.

It seems, like the N900 is stuck somewhere between landscape and portrait mode... I actually dont want to reflash, but i think i have to... although I dont know how at the moment :P Gonna have to read through a little bit.

Does this bug happened to someone else before? Or is there a solution, other than reflashing?

First of all, it's thread about CSSU testing. Please, write about Your problem in CSSU stable thread. Also, more detailed (i.e. filled with useful data, logs etc) description would be nice. But not in this thread.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
hi!

i installed cssu stable #2.1

it works great! i experienced a lot of improvement:

email client speed increased and pdf reader also
more fluid scrolling
calculator is better
and new qt version 4.7.4

the only thing that is missing is the new camera interface
i have the same interface that i had before the cssu

what is the problem?

i also installed cssu features configuration, and it works for a lot of effects like: z axis rotation, zoom on click, etc. but forcing the apps in portrait mode is not working...why?

i can see rotating only the apps that have native support for portrait, but is unable to rotate Conversations, etc.

even the menu is not rotating, i can rotate it just once manually pressing ctrl+shift+bluarrow+L

any suggestions?

i heard that cssu testing is working better, can i install the testing without flashing? or i have to wait for a new stable version?

Originally Posted by Estel in Post Before Your Post
First of all, it's thread about CSSU testing. Please, write about Your problem in CSSU stable thread.
ten facepalms
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
excuse me but if u search "cssu stable" no proper results comes out

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
excuse me but if u search "cssu stable" no proper results comes out
For real????
Second link

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
For real????
Second link
hehe...classic..

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
CSSU 'testing' update attempted here: Freshly flashed N900 (emmc/fiasco) and Nokia updates. After clicking the CSSU updater and downloading the 25MB of stuff, app manager downloads screen went black.

[EDIT] Hitting power button and selecting 'phone' shows that icons have been resized to portrait orientation, even when in landscape mode. Home screen does not display (all black). After rebooting device seems to be ok.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2012-02-02 at 12:06.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
CSSU 'testing' update attempted here: Freshly flashed N900 (emmc/fiasco) and Nokia updates. After clicking the CSSU updater and downloading the 25MB of stuff, app manager downloads screen went black.
How long did it stay black for and was CSSU the only thing you had installed at this point? How old is the device - it could be hardware related?

[EDIT] Hitting power button and selecting 'phone' shows that icons have been resized to portrait orientation, even when in landscape mode.
I think (but could be proven wrong) that there is only one size for icons and desktop objects, irrespective of whether in portrait or landscape mode. However, the layout of desktop items must, at the moment, be separately configured for each of these two modes.

Home screen does not display (all black).
Check hardware. There are reports of dodgy cabling to the screen; don't know how to fully investigate or fix myself though (sorry).

After rebooting device seems to be ok.
So, everything is fine then? Apart from the matters you mentioned, which may or may not have nothing to do with the CSSU or reflashing. Their occurances are possibly unfortunate conincidences. Do you notice any positives/negatives using other software, now the CSSU-T is installed? i.e. Black-outs aside, is the device better for having it, or not?

Last edited by demolition; 2012-02-02 at 12:31.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
In default calculator tapping in any operator twice repeats the previous number instead of changing the last input sign (which I believe was the the case in original nokia). I guess it was modified intentionally but I find previous condition better.

Tags
cssu testing