Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
New test packages v0.0.9-29:
I'm afraid that you will need to remove ~/MyDocs/.waze/ as there is a possibility that the previous releases saved some data in a bad way that might have caused a crash when the data was read. I am still not sure it solves the unexplained crashes during navigation - please take that into account when trying.
Thanks, I have removed ~/MyDocs/.waze/ and installed the new version.

I noticed the following while installing:
Code:
# dpkg -i waze_0.0.9-29_armel.deb 
Selecting previously deselected package waze.
(Reading database ... 51959 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking waze (from waze_0.0.9-29_armel.deb) ...
aegis-installing waze (from '')
Package waze: denied 'GRP::audio' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'GRP::audio' for '/opt/waze/bin/waze' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/waze/bin/waze' -- origin '' does not allow it
Setting up waze (0.0.9-29) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
Are these messages any cause for concern?

PS: Please put instructions for raising the debug level in the first post.

Edit: In the application, if I go to My waze / Waze Groups I get a '404 - Not Found' error. After entering my old username and password, my favourites were downloaded, but only Home and Work have the correct name, the others only show the city name or garbage, the locations are correct though.

Last edited by ginggs; 2012-08-12 at 06:56.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
I noticed the following while installing:
Code:
Package waze: denied 'GRP::audio' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'GRP::audio' for '/opt/waze/bin/waze' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package waze: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/waze/bin/waze' -- origin '' does not allow it
Are these messages any cause for concern?
These warnings are only because I did not signed the package with aegis "certificate" and you can ignore them. Once I upload it to the repository it will be OK.

I will add the instruction for raising the debug level to the first post shortly. BTW, in the next release I might add a settings entry for that in the UI... (EDIT: updated)

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-08-12 at 07:31. Reason: debug level added to 1st post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Tested yesterday..
2 crashes on first run, after applying all my settings all work good.
Navigation twice, same rout (both directions) - without problem/crashes.
Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
After uninstalling v0.0.9-28, removing ~/MyDocs/.waze/ and installing v0.0.9-29, I am still getting many crashes (same as with v0.0.9.0-28).
Waze still crashes when attempting to search for a second time.
On the upside though, I now seem to be able to resume a route after a crash (this didn't work in v0.0.9-28 for me).

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Btw can you add the version number to about, i think it only shows official version and not the port

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Starting the next release, you will be able to set the log level in Settings -> General Settings -> Logging -> Minimal or Full. I will update the first post once released.

@Zogg starting the next release the qt port version will be in the about screen

@ginggs The second search crash bug is the original waze code. I will hopefully fix it when I'll QMLize the UI.

@Schuterman I am still puzzled about those crashes at the first run and did not experience them personally...

What bothers me most is the crashes that occur during navigation as it might occur due to waze send data fitted to v3.0 and not v2.4 and if thats the case I need to modify the code to match...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
I know you are getting tired by my rapid updates lately but I am really trying to pin down the crash during navigation. If you experience it with v0.0.9 and above, please install the new v0.0.9-30, raise the debug level (Now in General Settings) and post here or in a bug report the postmortem file. I have added some many debug logs to certain parts of the tile manager & the tile DB layer in which I hope will have one of these issues that causes those crashes.

N9/N950
N900

EDIT: No need to remove the ~/MyDocs/.waze directory

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
I know you are getting tired by my rapid updates lately but I am really trying to pin down the crash during navigation.
Not at all.
You keep updating, I'll keep testing!

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
On the upside though, I now seem to be able to resume a route after a crash (this didn't work in v0.0.9-28 for me).
This issue is back since I installed v0.0.9-30. Sometimes it does resume a route and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

When it doesn't resume, no route is shown, no voice prompts are heard and the icon that shows directions isn't visible, but if waze crashes while in this state, the next time it starts it will prompt to resume the route.

It may be that I didn't test v0.0.9-29 long enough for the problem to occur.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Have tried v0.0.9-28 through v0.0.9-30 and am still getting no routing/navigation on my N900. Turning compression on/off makes no difference.

The Network Monitor option is enabled. When tapping "Drive To" button the "Calculating route, please wait" message is displayed. The data counter starts incrementing, but no route is ever returned. The "Calculating route" message will stay on the screen until the "Hide" button is pressed.

My N900 is using the Power50 kernel with CSSU Stable. Routing works on all the other N900 GPS Apps (Nokia, GeePS, Mappero).

I have deleted the MyDocs/.Waze folder multiple times.

Any hints appreciated!

Originally Posted by PdxDoug View Post
Have tried v0.0.9-28 through v0.0.9-30 and am still getting no routing/navigation on my N900. Turning compression on/off makes no difference.

The Network Monitor option is enabled. When tapping "Drive To" button the "Calculating route, please wait" message is displayed. The data counter starts incrementing, but no route is ever returned. The "Calculating route" message will stay on the screen until the "Hide" button is pressed.

My N900 is using the Power50 kernel with CSSU Stable. Routing works on all the other N900 GPS Apps (Nokia, GeePS, Mappero).

I have deleted the MyDocs/.Waze folder multiple times.

Any hints appreciated!
If v0.0.9-30 is installed, please raise the debug level (General Settings -> Logging), reproduce, post the postmortem file and I will look into it.