Active Topics

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
so if my qcpu is showing 413 c does that mean that in actuality it is 41.3 c?
am i correct? does this have any impact on performance?

i 46 before and i did an apt-get update/upgrade and it installed this version, i would of prefered 46, i being a 3/4 noob cant really tell the difference. could someone be so nice as to explain this all in a summary maybe ?

thanking you in advance for any help you may provide.

Peace.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
so if my qcpu is showing 413 c does that mean that in actuality it is 41.3 c?
am i correct? does this have any impact on performance?

i 46 before and i did an apt-get update/upgrade and it installed this version, i would of prefered 46, i being a 3/4 noob cant really tell the difference. could someone be so nice as to explain this all in a summary maybe ?

thanking you in advance for any help you may provide.

Peace.
Divide by 10, thats all. 460 = 46.0 C, 413 = 41.3 C. No impact on performance, but your custom scripts (if any) might work wrong if they depended on this module before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post
I'm getting "guru meditation error..." when i try to boot this with multiboot... How do i fix this?
If not, how do i revert to the previous version?
Is it ok to just reinstall the previous package from the package page?
Can anyone help me?

Edit : nevermind, solved this by apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg

Last edited by shuraizo; 2011-05-04 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to shuraizo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Installed pk47 and my device responds a bit faster and maybe battery lasts a bit more than before with 46. The only problem so far is with hen and usb hosting that doesnt work anymore. Log says that port 1 is not enabled and hen tries to reset it again and again. I ll test it further though.

So, if anyone read the post from earlier........ The battery finally died and the winner was batterygraph. I think it really WAS agreeing with the battery icon. SO, this means battery widget is not right. So, anyone thinking they suddenly have excellent battery life should double check, as if they are using the widget then this information may be wrong.
I have reset now, and removed then reinstalled and widget is still wrong. Have yet to test booting up in normal kernel mode. I can only conclude the problem is with battery widget, which was recently updated just a few days ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
hey, the battery temp....... Ha fooled you. Just kidding.

So, anyway after taking about a day and a half to catch up on the whole thread, I hope I have not missed someone else posting that the battery widget and battery graph app do not match now.
for example my battery widget currently says 76%, while battery graph says 37%.
Battery widget got updated. In the latest version (0.4?), it uses both normal HAL and info from battery kernel module to get data. I think it should only get data from module when HAL returns zero or something. It doesn't. I run .46 and it still does the ugly thing.

Point is, it now uses a different approach to percentage, based on drain or voltage (or unicorns), but it's desync'ed from the normal percentage and (IMO) worse.

Today, battery widget said 78%, normal menu plugin said 45%(well, under 50, battery-eye and lshal said 45%). Based on what I know is my usual drain and the time it took to drain completely, I'll say 45% was the right guess.

The good part is that using other info than HAL it could display charge while charging. The bad part is that it's neigh unusable. Almost full and half full are quite different concepts. I think I'm going to revert to 0.3.

I also think we need a good battery widget. There is one that crashes randomly (last I tried it), one that only scales down (Why???) and recently displays random percentages and Nokia's own, that lies to me. (No, Nokia, 76% should be 3/4, not "one pixel shy of full". Also, advanced warning, please. By the time it goes "bling" it's already in cardiac arrest).

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
That was, by any standard, a d*ck move. If you don't want people running your kernel, don't help. Tricking users into wiping their drive, from an account with good TMO standing is the height of d*ckery.
What, wait my kernel? WTF are you on?

It is not up to you to decide who is worthy of touching the holiness that is their device. We all learn piece by piece.
You are ranting nonsense. However there is a grain of truth here, it is up to them to run whatever the hell they like regardless of whether it is a joke script or an untested alpha release kernel.

If whoever copied your signature and ran it, fine. But posting that as a fix (even two posts down after the explanation) is out of line.
Yes it was posted as a fix, 2 posts after the explanation I had just posted. around 15% of the posts in this thread are people asking the same dumb question that is answered just above. Even if you only chose one page at random from this thread you would have found somone explaining the answer again. Also it is not like the script GUARANTEED to wipe their data. In addition to this the first version was not ASH complient, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

I don't believe you read every thread, completely, every time, no mistakes.
Actually I do. When there is something that I cannot get to work right I search the WHOLE thread to look for similar symptoms, if that fails I search the net for more generic linux advice, if that fails I search around the ideas and suggestions/error messages and if that fails I will then consider asking for help.

Remember that not everyone have your settings. I, e.g., have about 50 posts per page, and every time someone says "back on page 4" I want to strangle them. I don't. Maybe he/she just missed the post on the previous page. Maybe he's tired, maybe, you know, his phone doesn't work.
While this excuse for laziness/RTFM failure may pass for general in this specific case the answer has only been but a few posts up on most of the pages of this thread. Even the most rudimentary glance would have revealed it.

If you feel he shouldn't be in -devel or -testing without being a guru, say so.
Again what are you going on about? The fact is this hadn't even hit development repos yet. You remember development repos and all the warnings people used to give about bricking your device? Well this is one above that in riskyness. i.e. If you lack even the most rudimentary of problem solving skills/understanding STAY AWAY!

Next time you think this is funny, remember that there are times we need help. When you walk into a hospital office saying "help me, I've been poisoned", a doctor should pee in a cup and have you drink it because you shouldn't be drinking stuff you don't understand and you deserve even more problems.
Cool false analogy bro, however allow me to take it a step further. What kind of dumbas$ would drink random cups of liquid, then expect sympathy when it was found out they drank a lab sample of herpes?

No, this is more like the dog that steals food from the table. No matter how many times you explain to the dog 'Don't steal food from the table, it is people food not dog food!' The damn critter just doesn't understand. So you leave a chilli and mustard sandwich on the table. The dog eats it and freaks out. Dog stops stealing from the table.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If I never ran things I didn't understand, I would have to get rid of my computers.

The real moral of the rf comments is don't run code posted by people self-identified as a..holes.
Don't call people a..holes, a..hole.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Just wondered... What would happen in the world if all teachers and book authors are like him >.< end of the world i guess...

student: What is 2+2?
vi: 4
vi: 4
vi: 4!
vi: stand on the motorway with your eyes shut, the answer will hit you in a minute.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
vi: stand on the motorway with your eyes shut, the answer will hit you in a minute.
I just spend the last minute laughing like an idiot on the bus!

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Guys, if i install bleeding edge wifi drivers(46-wl1) over v47 will v47 save all his new features, or should i rather create a new multiboot entry?

did anyone managed to run joikuspot with the new kernel??....As I read on the forums the joiku_bounce problem should be fixed but when i run joikuspot the phone restarts after a few seconds...

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou