Notices

I have to say awesome work Flandry, Ive been messing around on the sdlmame emu on my n900 and some games Ive tried say there are roms missing but Ive got a few to work, Im very new to Linux and would greatly appreciate any advice on where to look for help in learning to code for it. I really wish I could help out hands on. also I even had wonderboy working with a sixaxis controller and tv out, now that was cool,

awesome site very helpful keep up the good work!

Last edited by scuddy; 2010-02-19 at 15:04.

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Personally I don't care too much about sound problems since most of the time I play on mute.
How do you "play on mute"? Do you mean just turning your N900's volume all the way down? Or is there a mute button that I'm unaware of? Or ideally, is there an option in SDLMAME to turn off emulated sound (woud increase framerates).

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Mame 'plays' sounds anyway so muting or switching off sound will not increase framerate. Pluggin in headphones may help as it decreases pulseaudios cpu load

Flandry, did you find out why partial updates shows up under the speed percentage information on some roms?

One rom the other day said 126 partial updates.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Partial updates, eh? I'm not sure what that means... guessing it's part of the autoframeskip process to try to force the emulation to stay realtime. Is there a particular reason that it worries you?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

No not really, you sounded surprised when i mentioned it last time and when the rom which i tested the other day said 126 partial updates i just thought i would see if you had found out what it meant.

I'm not having sleepness nights over it. lol

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
No not really, you sounded surprised when i mentioned it last time and when the rom which i tested the other day said 126 partial updates i just thought i would see if you had found out what it meant.

I'm not having sleepness nights over it. lol
Haha ok. These days sometimes i get surprised by my own feet.

MAME News

For those of you waiting patiently for the next release of SDLMAME, i would like to draw your attention to accelemymote, an accelerometer-to-joystick driver that adds tilt control to SDLMAME. I haven't had much time to try different ROMS, but it was a lot more fun in e.g. Centipede than using the arrows.

It's at a state where i think the SDLMAME enthusiasts could begin trying it out and tweaking the configuration file to see what works best with their favorite ROMs. Feel free to report your discoveries in this thread or the wiki entry. At some point (after graduation...) i hope to put together profiles to provide nice defaults for popular ROMs. Well, it all depends on how much information on that kind of thing ya'll are able to provide.

Have fun!

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Haha ok. These days sometimes i get surprised by my own feet.

MAME News

For those of you waiting patiently for the next release of SDLMAME, i would like to draw your attention to accelemymote, an accelerometer-to-joystick driver that adds tilt control to SDLMAME. I haven't had much time to try different ROMS, but it was a lot more fun in e.g. Centipede than using the arrows.

It's at a state where i think the SDLMAME enthusiasts could begin trying it out and tweaking the configuration file to see what works best with their favorite ROMs. Feel free to report your discoveries in this thread or the wiki entry. At some point (after graduation...) i hope to put together profiles to provide nice defaults for popular ROMs. Well, it all depends on how much information on that kind of thing ya'll are able to provide.

Have fun!
I'm on it.

Well not quite now but when i have had some sleep.

I'm getting red box warnings telling me that I'm missing ROMS or CHD's. Marble Madness gives me this warning. I don't understand. I've put all the ROMS that MAME has in the folder, and still no soap. Any advice? Metal Slug says the same thing, too.

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
I'm getting red box warnings telling me that I'm missing ROMS or CHD's. Marble Madness gives me this warning. I don't understand. I've put all the ROMS that MAME has in the folder, and still no soap. Any advice? Metal Slug says the same thing, too.
Don't know about metal slug but i'm using marble.zip 413kb for marble madness and works fine.

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip