Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably the sound is the culprit, i tried it with it.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Ok yeah! Got The Quest running by increasing the heap and checking 'Display Compatibility'.

It looks nice, but it's very slow Almost makes it hard to play. I had my TX overclocked and used UMDH for more heap. I think I'll try to hunt down my old Legacy game & maps... That should run better.

I also got ePocrates up & running thanks to Bunason Took forever to dl (~40 minutes) but it's working great! I'm very happy to have this app again.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Ok yeah! Got The Quest running by increasing the heap and checking 'Display Compatibility'.

It looks nice, but it's very slow Almost makes it hard to play. I had my TX overclocked and used UMDH for more heap. I think I'll try to hunt down my old Legacy game & maps... That should run better.

I also got ePocrates up & running thanks to Bunason Took forever to dl (~40 minutes) but it's working great! I'm very happy to have this app again.
I love my classic games, on the other thread, especially the pingpong stype simple video games, that really remind those days......
The 40 min is UNUSUAL. I got that too for approx 40min but the next one I did on my 770 took only 12 min. It is a hit and miss things, I guess. I do not want users to be scared away because of the long dl time, in fact, the more of a problem is the lack of action for several minutes in the beginning, would made it look like it is not doing a thing.
I still using my Treo as phone, but now I can turn to my NOKIA for epocrates.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-02 at 02:31.

Nokia n810 - Astromist - the best astronomy software ever seen (on small devices) works very well in full portrait mode. I hope, in the future, in the more usable full landscape mode. Rgs.

The Following User Says Thank You to fioresalv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Does anyone have Avant-Go working?
No.

Still trying......

bun

After I got GVM running on my N800 I went back to my old back ups from my Handspring Visor Deluxe to see what would work. Here my list so far:

Planetarium - a very nice astronomy program.
Rally 1000 - A mille bornes clone.
Tachymeter - A very simple speed calculator.
ThinkDB2 - A nice database program, something I really wanted on my N800.
Yahdice - A yahtzee clone.

I'm really glad to be able to use a couple of these programs again!

Best app I can find is Simon Tatham's puzzle collection. Used to LOVE this on my Clie and the collection still stands up :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Rhythm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Best app I can find is Simon Tatham's puzzle collection. Used to LOVE this on my Clie and the collection still stands up :-)
Never saw this before.....nice!

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Of course, Simon Tatham's games = sgt-puzzles on maemo-hackers.org, right?
I haven't tried it, as I usually run those on my NDS...

Ah, I found it a bit odd that it hadn't already been converted. I'll take a look at that, cheers

Tags
apps, essential, garnet, palm