Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@fw190
open the xterm and give the command "ls /"
tell if among the directories there is one called "/debian"

Didn't work out. Some error. Should I bee in root?

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
it works just excellent except that cpu mem aplet always shows that the cpu is running at full power even when I reboot the phone and everything is loaded properly the cpu still works. Htop shows thatther are two processes running and usually ther was just one.
The one which uses the cp most is: usr/lib/tracker/tracker-indexer
The second one is: usr/lib/traker/tracker-extract
This is normal. The tracker processes are what Maemo uses to index your media files. Every time you reboot they will run, and depending on how many music files and photos you have, it may take from about a minute to maybe two or three. Then it settles down.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by kake View Post
thanks. I updated the app list. But maybe i'll wait some info before i start installing stuff.
Smart man.

On the other hand, go ahead and try experimenting with any apps that interest you. Just avoid upgrading OpenOffice.org. (Don't do a full apt-get upgrade.) If you mess up don't worry, there is a new image available. So, you were probably going to reinstall it any way.

Correction:
There is a new version of Easy Debian available in extras-devel (may be a bit rough still). A new image is about to be available.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2010-01-23 at 14:11.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Fact is if you have an old version of Qole's scripts, you'll get everything mounted in /debian instead that /.debian - and tracker will take ages to index your debian rootfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by kake View Post
Two questions!

Two:
Can i copy my easy-debian image file to my computer and copy it to my friends N900? And then my friend has to only install Easy-deb. from application manager? Hope you understand what i mean
Yes, just copy it to one of the directories mentioned in the tutorial. It will work.

Last edited by BruceL; 2010-01-23 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
This is normal. The tracker processes are what Maemo uses to index your media files. Every time you reboot they will run, and depending on how many music files and photos you have, it may take from about a minute to maybe two or three. Then it settles down.
But it shows that it will take 50 minutes!!! I do have my memory full+plus full 16GB card but 50 minutes?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Smart man.

On the other hand, go ahead and try experimenting with any apps that interest you. Just avoid upgrading OpenOffice.org. (Don't do a full apt-get upgrade.) If you mess up don't worry, there is a new image available. So, you were probably going to reinstall it any way.

Correction:
There is a new version of Easy Debian available in extras-devel (may be a bit rough still). A new image is about to be available.
yeah, i updated Easy debian package today, had some trouble with updating. But managed to resolve it. when i first updated, a box opened saying something like "easy debian is going to be removed... you have to remove the image file after this using appmanager." I didn't want to erase Easy debian so i stopped updating. After that OO stopped working and i installed everything again.

there seems to be Open Office shortcut on my maemo desktop, that wasn't there before update. And now my Finnish keyboard layout works.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
What is the process of updating? If I remove everything from app manager, how much will be left behind? Will it delete the image file?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I installed cups to have network printing capabilities for the applications under easy-debian, which works like a charm. Anytime I chroot to Debian, I have my network printers available, but when I reboot the N900 itself, I need to
Code:
/etc/init.d/cups restart
once, but then it will be available for all easy-debian sessions, until I turn off the N900 again.

Anyone knows why? And how to make the startup of cups automatic?

UPDATE: Thanks to qole, I now know how to solve also this issue. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...369#post490369

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-01-23 at 20:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post: