Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
let's give the guy a break. maybe we need to create a brainstorm or garage project to organize all these ideas. i'm down to test /design. i can put together a brand identity / icon for this. What are you thinking for a name?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
i personally use, lite.facebook.com...waitin for you to release this app.

P.S i tried touch.facebook.com, but i like the lite version better, and it seems a bit faster as well! (i have chat with pidgin, which seems much better/faster then jabber)

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
let's give the guy a break. maybe we need to create a brainstorm or garage project to organize all these ideas. i'm down to test /design. i can put together a brand identity / icon for this. What are you thinking for a name?
Oh no, by all means, keep the ideas coming. I'm working at the moment, so I'm not able to work, but I am keeping an eye on it.

I've no name in mind whatsoever - suggestions welcome, again

I did do a little more UI work this morning, mostly just tidying things up. There's one last thing I want to address - the newsfeed list is *really* slow to draw/scroll.

Once I get that addressed, I'll get things ready for some testing.

i think making it facebooky might violate some copyrights especially since it is open source and not really an official app

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
There would definitely be problems if I used their logo or theme too blatantly, but simple colouring shouldn't be an issue I'd think.

Take a look at Bloo for Android. It's mostly a decent Facebook app and they had a similar problem when they first started. They called it something to do with Facebook and got contacted by Facebook to change the name.

You can look at the screenies and stuff and see the white/blue coloring scheme is still there and seem to be just fine. So you shouldn't have a problem there.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
cant wait for this app! am sick of having to log onto the facebook site to reply to a message!

Commendable ...kudos to you w00t. This is what many wanted - and I just looked at the Iphone app (installed on my wife's iPod) and its got a very clean slick look and feel.

Anyways this is one of the best things - instead of all those suggestions of "use the browser" and "the browser is how the internet is supposed to work" and all the lame excuses for not having a dedicated app in the first place.

So kudos to you again. These little threads like these make my convictions in open source come alive again and I feel tingled and excited.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Anyways this is one of the best things - instead of all those suggestions of "use the browser" and "the browser is how the internet is supposed to work" and all the lame excuses for not having a dedicated app in the first place.
Yeah i agree with that. The web browser may be superb, but apps do make for better productivity. Just like I use Twitter apps on my Mac, rather than the website, it is quicker and easier! Same principle for the N900 IMO.

Looking forward to a public release to see how it goes!

How about Maeface? Facemo? Maebook?

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser