Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
"I don't need == nobody need" -- it resembles to me Apple/Microsoft policies.

Good luck!
honestly, I'm feeling a bit lost on the future of Nitdroid on N900. I know there are no release dates, no schedules but I don't know if there will ever be a 0.9 release, let alone a 1.0 release. I kept following the check-ins in git, activity but not that much. I know e-yes is mostly driving this thing by himself, kudos and all respect for him but there's only so much one 'driven' person can do.
Recently we've seen lots of one-man-N900-projects being abandoned. People all the time defecting to Android. I can't blame them sometimes.

I sincerely hope the future will prove me wrong. I've been testing Nitdroid 0.8 and I saw great progress. From what I could gather, 0.9 would be a major step forward again. Proper voice, proper 3G, etc ... But no real tangible news so far... I can understand the despair some people are feeling.

So please, tell me off and say this will not be another Shepherd or psx4m personal project (smoku), left alone to dry in the wind, for a lucky soul to pick up ...

Thanks for all effort so far, done on an OS and device on life support (cf. Instinctive's history). I hope you can all tell me off and show me lots of nice, fully working alternative solutions. It would make me feel a lot better and a lot more confident for the future, in case the vanilla Meego 1.2 (or 1.3) adaptation is not 'rich' enough to replace our current PR1.3.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
...e-yes is mostly driving this thing by himself....
THANK YOU, e-yes.

If you carry on, it is good. If you decide to to something else in your life, I wont blame you.

THANK YOU again.

bun

I NEED ANDROID

If you don't like it, please don't say any thing

no one force you to install it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodymoha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by nodymoha View Post
I NEED ANDROID

If you don't like it, please don't say any thing

no one force you to install it
I like Android, so I guess I can say things. If you need Android, why haven't you considered one of the myriad of excellent Android-native devices out there that works with it, instead of a hacked implementation? I mean--it'd be one thing if you said you 'like' Android (since that simply implies an opinion) but if you truly NEED it (thus implying you actually depend on it), then you should probably use a device that support it natively so that it always works for you.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Well well well yet another fanboy that should allow freedom of choice !.
Personally speaking Maemo has turned out to be the biggest flop since stale bread and hindsight tell's me we should never have been given such a miserable OS by Nokia so to hell with Meamo and let's see what they can chuck at us next ha ha.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
i am really glad i installed nitdroid becuase i am able to upgrade to a new phone if i want and was lookig round at other phones such as dell streak, htc etc but then by installing nitdroid it reminded me of how boring and closed other phones os's are!!!!

i just hope the n9 is a newer and better n900

Tags
awesome!, be nice to him, blah blah blah, gtfo already, maemo, useless junk, what?