Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Just updated to the ver 0.6.4.

The application crashed when I'm trying to change search service from option. GPS also is not working.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Gyus, what should i put into blacklist, so cludgps won't rotate?
thx

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Looking GREAT. New version has a fantastic UI now. Haven't tried going outside for a GPS fix yet.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Tried the GPS, and it doesn't get a lock. It doesn't even seem to activate the GPS module.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
I've installed v.0.6.4 but it crashes and return to desktop any solution?

Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Same problem here

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
EDIT

Just tried ... set orientation-lock on, and cloudgps orientation on works fine.

BTW - I'm running CSSU.

Maybe worth trying to whitelist apps explicitly, rather than blacklist.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Gyus, what should i put into blacklist, so cludgps won't rotate?
thx
In theory, "cloudgps" since that is the executable that is running ; however I think the issue itself is the application.

Portrait mode gets a bit skewhif regardless of white or blacklisting. You can fix portrait mode by opening up the hardware keyboard, then it fixes itself.

Infact, turn the N900 180 degrees (i.e. landscape, upside down) and it will render portrait mode correctly, but with the search box rendering text at a further 90 degress.

All in all, silky smooth - frankly breathtaking, but needs the GPS issue sorted and a footer around with the rotation. I'm sure it's simply a case of shared code between the Harmattan and N900 devices.

Last edited by gregoranderson; 2011-11-28 at 12:52. Reason: Works with orientation lock set.

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Couple of times it has failed with:

Code:
Couldn't set GL mode: No video mode large enough for 800x480

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Barbados
Originally Posted by Popanz View Post
Same problem here
yup me too

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Beautiful designed app. The portrait keyboard on the N900 is also very welcome.
Thanks, I tried to make it look more modern and the icons should be much more easily visible no matter if the map is very bright or very dark. Maybe the icons are not best right now but I am afraid that is the limit of my graphic skills.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
However, I notice that zooming in after a search results end up rather out of scope of the actual location (and the location itself is also a bit shifted). Can't remember I experienced that in older versions, but I could be mistaken.
Let me describe current behaviour after fetching results:
1. If there is only one result the camera will try to go directly to that result. It will simply move to result if it is near enough or it will use lower zoom levels to fly to result but in the end zoom level will be equal to zoom level when results are fetched.

2. If there are many results camera will try to find maximum zoom level that will make all the results visible on one screen and then move to the point that is exactly in centre of bounding box covering all the results. The ending zoom level will always be equal to or lower than starting zoom level.

This is intended by design. The user is presented how the zoom and location changes when camera goes to search result using nice transition. So he is aware how the results are related to the location he initiated the search from.

If you prefer the camera not to move away from your current position then you should tap and hold screen to prevent it moving during whole transition. It is a little tricky but it works.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
On my n900 CloudGPS does not start the gps. From CLI it reports that "GPS satellite info source initialised" but it does not run.

If I start the gps with say gpsjinni then Cloud still does not receive pos info.

tnx
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
Just updated to the ver 0.6.4.

The application crashed when I'm trying to change search service from option. GPS also is not working.
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Tried the GPS, and it doesn't get a lock. It doesn't even seem to activate the GPS module.
Thanks for confirmation. I will look into it.

Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
Couple of times it has failed with:

Code:
Couldn't set GL mode: No video mode large enough for 800x480
That is something new. Are you able to consistently reproduce the issue? Could you install nehegles and try to reproduce it using lesson06 (rotating blue cube)?

Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post

Just tried ... set orientation-lock on, and cloudgps orientation on works fine.

BTW - I'm running CSSU.
I have many issues with Maemo 5 way of switching between portrait and landscape. The accelerometer interpretation to detect orientation change is just plain wrong. You can lie the device on table and slight changes to its position will result in orientation change. Add to that the inaccuracy of accelerometer and you have plain bad result.

Also Maemo 5 way of switching between portrait and landscape involves resizing all the windows in system - and almost none of stock apps support this without eating too much CPU. The result is that system orientation change that is smooth is almost impossible.

Those are the main reasons that I decided to go low level and support landscape and portrait by myself in a way that I think is more correct.

The CSSU uses hacks that force the system to change orientation for all windows. CloudGPS does not have a code that would deal with such case and it will simply not work. Such code is planned along with support for more platforms. But that is rather distant future.

For now, could you provide a detailed instruction how to properly disable changing the orientation of CloudGPS window by system in CSSU? In the CloudGPS wiki perhaps?

Originally Posted by superpj101 View Post
I see on the FAQ that it can use modrana to download tiles. Can I use the db-storage based modrana tiles to here? thanks!
No, sqlite tile storage is still not supported and still on my long TODO list.

Originally Posted by Popanz View Post
Same problem here
Not enough information. Please try running the app from X-Terminal and pasting the output here. The command is:
Code:
/opt/cloudgps/cloudgps

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app