Your logic is flawed. But let's wait and see

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
A tablet makes sense, Jolla will probably announce a new phone next year, which is a long enough product lifecycle.

The question howdver is, will any one buy a Sailfish tablet?
Yes. I was waiting for a Maemo 5 tablet (7", same screen resolution, without phone capabality), a Ubuntu Touch tablet (before discovered Ubuntu Touch is a very closed OS), Vivaldi tablet, etc. So a Sailfish tablet would be a must.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHuX6u9mYd8

Well theres already a nexus 7 port. I wonder if they could speak to Google for hardware?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Something BIG is about to begin
The big is uppercase, so is something literally big. Not something big as a movement, or as a big update, something phisically big.

Something BIG is about to begin
A Jolla 2 wouldn't be a beginning. And, for the image, we can be sure it's a hardware, so is certainly a new category device.

----------

Again, talking about the image, it can't be a smartwatch, or a Jolla Glass, or whatever. As much as I'd like it to be a 2nd generation Jolla, it isn't. It's definitely a tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Rovaniemi, Finland
My guess is that it is not hardware, but software. The big thing to BEGIN might be that Jolla starts selling applications in Jollastore. That makes platform more intresting to programmers and as a resut we get more applications we are missing. Like full version of Here maps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heikki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
Your logic is flawed. But let's wait and see
Please justify & elaborate

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
For me a tablet that has all the functionality of a linux distribution (libreoffce, wxMaxima, emacs and such) and a nice user interface like sailfish would be awesome! I currently have Fedora running on my Samsung Pro Tab 8.4 but the user interface is not optimal.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
It will be announcement of some other manufacturer releasing a phone with sailfish OS or something along those lines. Or then it will be something software related. If it is "only" about OH's like Dirks TOHKBD i am going to be a bit disappointed.

If it would be tablet or Jolla 2 phone from Jolla themselves, I would be really surprised. I would actually believe more them announcing a tablet designed flavor of Sailfish than actual device.

Well, I just hope it actually is something that really, really, really helps them solidify their place in OS and phone world.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
There is a lack of tablets with GNU/Linux. Both a new Jolla smartphone or tablet will be welcome.
I'd rephrase it. There is a lack of tablets where Wayland can run natively without libhybris and Android blobs.

And I'd welcome a new handset with a proper LTE modem like this one:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/int...ems,26115.html
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...0-1-brief.html

So no more of those "your network is not supported"...

Last edited by shmerl; 2014-11-14 at 20:02.

Originally Posted by Heikki View Post
My guess is that it is not hardware, but software. The big thing to BEGIN might be that Jolla starts selling applications in Jollastore. That makes platform more intresting to programmers and as a resut we get more applications we are missing. Like full version of Here maps.
Software only seems unlikely, given the teaser literally contains a picture / render of hardware.

Tags
bulks