Notices

when i run this command /usr/share/lfocus/v4l2-ctl -d /dev/radio0 -f 87.5

it says /bind/sh: /usr/share/lfocus/v4l2-ctl NOT FOUND

but its there! i browse into that folder and the file is there! what am i doing wrong?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by LiLCLEMO View Post
hi, i bought the zune player with the fm transmitter in new york when i went and that went down to 87.5 thats why i wanted the phone to go as low as that, so im sure they will be alright with it
Well, no, i don't expect the FCC to hunt you down like a dog, but it seems pretty clear from what i read that consumer devices aren't approved for that range in the US, and Nokia's stance on it reinforces that conclusion.

If someone who's actually a lawyer knows more about this i'd be interested in hearing.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
For those interested, here's my post about this subject when it came up awhile ago. Nokia's official position is to leave it as is due to legal reasons. If you live in the US, making this change is probably breaking a federal law and subject to fine and confiscation of your N900.
hmpf sometimes laws (or marketing) are so..... unrealistic.
I mean it is the same as with the Apple Airport access points. Just change the country setting, from the country where you life to another and .... woops why can i use more channels now?!

The phone is capable to use these frequencies, the software is installed to use them... heck just add a country called "planet pluto" or something and switch off all the restrictions there.
If the user is using it is his problem.
it was also forbidden to use FM transmitter in germany for a long time, but you could get them in every electronic store "you are not allowed to use it in germany....(and a very long list of other countries)"

can someone answer me please? thank you!

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
maybe it isn't an executable file?
or at least not for a normal user?!

i wrote sudo gainroot before but i dont know, im a windows user, i know about DOS but almost NOTHING of linux

done, i was misstyping something, i made copy and paste and it worked! now how can i edit fmboost to include it in autorun?

already edited fmboost trough winscp ! now you r0x my friend! thx for this smart solution! (L)

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
The transmitters properties (such as the current frequency) can be changed using a tool called v4l2-ctl. I have found a binary compiled for the N900 in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46427
Go there, download and install the provided package (lfocus).

After installing lfocus you should have the tool v4l2-ctl installed in /usr/share/lfocus/v4l2-ctl.

DO i download all of the files?
( lfocus_0.305-3_all.deb (156.7 KB, 72 views)
lfocus_0.305-4_all.deb (163.1 KB, 132 views)
lfocus_0.307-1_all.deb (164.4 KB, 101 views)
lfocus_0.308-1_all.deb (170.3 KB, 103 views)
lfocus_0.309-1_all.deb (171.1 KB, 391 views)
)

Or do i only need any one of them?

THanks for mod tho! looking forward to using it in NY...cuz i can't find a station that plays the music clearly in my 2003 corolla. I noticed have to hold the phone and point it towards the rear right window (while i drive) and the sound is clear, but when i bring it in the front its not clear...and the whole charging while the fm transmitter is on, kills the sounds, so for now i don't charge my phone while teh FMTX is on. But i'm hoping if i change the frequency to say 87.5 (currently i can only select 88.1) then i might be able to find a clean station to send the signal too.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!

Last edited by ppriyank; 2010-04-04 at 18:02.

you only need ti install lfocus_0.309-1_all.deb , download it from the phone and execute the file, then app manager will do the work for you