Active Topics

I can't believe what i'm reading, i agree with the topic and the original post, but since the first page this thread has developed into exactly what the original poster is expressing their opinion against, it's pathetic, everyone has an opinion, and everyone has the freedom of speech, but why do people feel the need to flame a thread that is trying to address a problem in the community and address it in a constructive, positive manner.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Isn't irony fun?

not really, there are plenty of other threads to bash the **** out of each other, it would just be nice if one thread to address a problem would be left alone. if you know what i mean

You don't really think the kind of people that bash other people all day on the internet are seriously going to give a crap that someone posted a topic that may or may not be important, do you?

However.. I'd have to say.. in this thread particularly.. I've seen less of that than exists in other threads that had the potential to start out great.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Barts View Post
not really, there are plenty of other threads to bash the **** out of each other, it would just be nice if one thread to address a problem would be left alone. if you know what i mean
I just got the feeling we're not actually on the same wavelength.

I see posts from only one person meeting your description in this thread.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I just got the feeling we're not actually on the same wavelength.

I see posts from only one person meeting your description in this thread.
well i was hoping to avoid pointing that out. but it's the same old story, said person flames and stirs up, people come to defend. as i said, in my opinion it would be nice if the thread was completely free of such comments, and people were able to have a discussion/ego boosting session, without such interruptions.i know i'm hoping for the impossible, just saying it would be nice is all

Originally Posted by Barts View Post
well i was hoping to avoid pointing that out. but it's the same old story, said person flames and stirs up, people come to defend. as i said, in my opinion it would be nice if the thread was completely free of such comments, and people were able to have a discussion/ego boosting session, without such interruptions.i know i'm hoping for the impossible, just saying it would be nice is all
I just see a discussion, where some are attempting to correct factual errors.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
well as i have said i completely agree with the post and further comments, i guess it was just spoiled by one user and it annoyed me a little bit. I don't have a lot to give the community as i'm just a simple end user and i'm new here, so the only views i can give is what works or doesn't work on my phone, i wouldn't even know where to start on how to fix it, but the good thing is there is always someone here to help, so it annoyed me a little to see someone trying to ruin a thread that someone had started to address a problem, guess i'm just over reacting a little.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post:
Well, I was actually wondering when some malcontent would pop in and throw a wrench in the works. It's to this community's credit, though, that he was met by reasonable people who chose not to get down in the same trenches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Well, I was actually wondering when some malcontent would pop in and throw a wrench in the works. It's to this community's credit, though, that he was met by reasonable people who chose not to get down in the same trenches.
Not to dampen your pleasure at what's been a measured response, I suspect which forum this is posted in makes quite a differenc to the response. The regulars of some fora are more volatile than others, sadly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:

Tags
cars and radios, community, constructive criticism, critcism, criticizing criticism, critiquing critiques, maemo.org, maturity, on fanning trolls, on trolling fans, talk, talk.maemo.org