Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by cLin View Post
Is there anyway to save snapshots using the camera motion detector? So if I leave it pointing somewhere, I can check later for photos when there was movement detected?
When you start the server with motion detection enabled, the server saves the stream when motion is detected. You can playback this stream using the "View stored stream" link. The default location where the stream is saved is the internal memory card root and the file name is gstmjpg.mjpg.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Genoa, Italy
Yesterday I found a new package meamo-control-service available in application manager after refreshig the package list.
This package adds an icon to control panel that allows to set up which services to run at boot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stale For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laavu View Post
When you start the server with motion detection enabled, the server saves the stream when motion is detected. You can playback this stream using the "View stored stream" link. The default location where the stream is saved is the internal memory card root and the file name is gstmjpg.mjpg.
Does it store multiple streams? Or just the latest?

Originally Posted by cLin View Post
Does it store multiple streams? Or just the latest?
Currently it appends everything to the same file.

If this can work so well, why oh why can't we get a decent N8x0-to-PC webcam chat application!? Skype, RTCOMM...I'm talking to you. Argh! (Or, for those 30Rock fans out there...Blergh!)

Originally Posted by kepler View Post
You need to do port forwarding for port 80 to your tablet ip address, in this case 182.168.1.149.

Then just access with your browser your ISP IP address and you get access to your tablet from outside world also.

It's a good idea to define a fixed IP address in your private network for your tablet, so the port forwarding rule will be always valid (your private
network may allocate different address to your tablet after some time).

When you get it working please post the port forwarding screen shot as an example for others to lear.

- kepler
What i do is have my e-mail program running while I'm away that auto replies to my request for it's IP address.

Ahaaa. This is cool. Very cool. Online chat will never be the same!!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
I need some help

Ive installed apache amd gtsmjpg and i know my ip adress to type into eplorer but i cant connect to my n810. my n810 and my computer are on the same network. Ive done nothing with apache though becuase i dont know how to use it:

I go to the internet browser and type in: "file:///usr/htdocs/webcam.html" and then i click start camera with motion detection and i get the"file not found" error.

Please tell me what im doing wrong.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
You should type in your PC (Firefox if possible) your N810's IP and not the path to the file. I mean:

http://#N810's-ip#/webcam.html

To access the page from your N810 you should access http://localhost/webcam.html

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
I tried that and i get on my computer:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at [ip address].

Is there somthing i should be doing with apache on my internet tablet?

The light on the top left hand corner of my internet tablet doesn't glow red to sat that thecamera is being used either, is it supposed to glow?