Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I got Nitdroid/multiboot installed. Upgraded to 42 this am, manually fixed the red box panic thing as well as fcam driver. Everything works. Then I upgraded to power44 via app manager. It booted,

1) tux boot 1st
2) rapidly sweeped to multiboot with 3 options, omap1, power44, nitdroid.

bun
Looks like exactly what i did but i get very different behaviour . .

As requested here my setup and what happened:

Updated to 42 last night, had to upgrade flasher etc to get around red bootscreen kernel package. All fine...

Had boot options (all working) for:
- Powerkernel42
- Stock Maemo pr1.3
- nitdroid via mmc

Upgraded just now to 44 via app manager (facepalm), rebooted, now stuck at 'Starting Kernel' in uboot, no multiboot and i dont think there are any commands that get me booted into anything.

Time for a proper reflash by the looks ... i can just reflash the kernel so i hear?

Note: might be worth adding a note to the details that load in package manager that this will nuke multiboot . . . i should have checked this thread first tho tbh.

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-11 at 00:33.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
... i can just reflash the kernel so i hear?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Deinstallation

This has been covered many times in multiple threads...search is your friend.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post

yeah found it and working on it now thanks anyway tho,

EDIT: anyone else considering a full reflash after getting this issue try this first, did this form Xp and flashing just the kernel took less than 10 mins, back to multiboot options for nitdroid, stock and kernel power, tho power obviously wont boot, going back to 42 for now.

just took a while to find the xp kernel only option: (global version)
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-11 at 01:16. Reason: removed question

The Following User Says Thank You to mrexcess For This Useful Post:
Just a heads up. The fcam drivers compiled against the 42 kernel suffer from the same haloing effect the previous ones did. The standard drivers from the official fcam garage project did not suffer from this issue.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Upgraded to power 44
Running smooth, camera working fine except Fcamera was holding CPU on 100% constantly without using it. By uninstalling it CPU was stabilize. Other than that everything fine.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by titan View Post
... .no audio etc) please report your configuration (OC, multiboot/Nitdroid/Meego etc installed?).

If you have fcamera and any version >= power40 installed, you also need the updated fcam-drivers.
No audio, happened to me only briefly. I reboot, its gone. I am now OC to 900 and listening to media player. Fcam did not work after power42, installed patch, it worked. I then upgraded to power44, Fcam still works.

Thanks for the great work, titan.

bun

Originally Posted by harvindhillon View Post
I updated to v44 and now it gets stuck at the uboot screen saying loading kernel. Anyone with similar issues?
same to..
but differ story..

all work fine before i disable boot screen nokia Hand
or edit etc/pmconfig to enable SmartReflex & OC max freq to 900.
both the two i did before that.. than restart. & the screen said loading kernel... all day...

-=edit=-
found the solution at
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post

Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
yeah found it and working on it now thanks anyway tho,

EDIT: anyone else considering a full reflash after getting this issue try this first, did this form Xp and flashing just the kernel took less than 10 mins, back to multiboot options for nitdroid, stock and kernel power, tho power obviously wont boot, going back to 42 for now.

just took a while to find the xp kernel only option: (global version)
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
thanks friends

Last edited by ryo1st; 2010-11-11 at 06:03.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
I can't even get to the reflashing mode. Trying the proper reflashing method for a dozen times. Still the "starting kernel ..." greetings.
I am aware of the risk of updating and I know reflashing is the last resort. But what do I do if reflashing doesn't even working at all?
I am not complaining. Just need the way back to normal. Once this is solved I will proceed very cautiously from now on... say wait long enough to see no serious issue reported by the brave.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Updated from 40 to 44. No BlessN900, no FCam installed, no alternative OS.

Everything is working (standard camera included).

Originally Posted by 009N View Post
I can't even get to the reflashing mode. Trying the proper reflashing method for a dozen times. Still the "starting kernel ..." greetings.
I am aware of the risk of updating and I know reflashing is the last resort. But what do I do if reflashing doesn't even working at all?
I am not complaining. Just need the way back to normal. Once this is solved I will proceed very cautiously from now on... say wait long enough to see no serious issue reported by the brave.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
did u hold the "U" key before plug the USB?
that will enable Flashing Mode on N900.

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom