Active Topics

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Are you using an Exchange server + outlook or something else?

I had the same problem with the exchange server and the reason was that the protocol did not allow more than one number configured per type.

For example you need to have one business, one home and one mobile..
To "fix it" I went to outlook and corrected all my contacts to be like that.

PS: Now with pr1.2, I have a new problem but I will search more and describe it later when I understand more.
It's weird because I am not using Outlook. I'm just using mail for exchange account and sync it. Also, all of the missing-phone-number contacts have only one phone number per contact. It's like the inconsistency of syncing. It shows names, but no phone numbers.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Well, I spent a few minutes on tests and it doesn't look bad Anyway I decided to write a simple UI app that should allow to enable some "unsupported" features like "Download all emails" (instead of 2 weeks only) etc. Also, I have in my plans to add in this app a simple folder's mapper (could be really useful for servers that are not support XLIST).
Most probably first version of this app will be available on the next week
NOTE: It will be available on a github.
Oh you mean this?
MeeMailSettings
Excellent work my man!

Yes and moreover hopefully I fixed this bug (the fix will be under testing quite soon). However, I'm not sure that this fix can go to PR1.2.
Awesome again! If you remember....
It'd be great if you can tell us once (if) testing proves that this is resolved in 1.1/1.2+ builds.
Doesn't matter if it doesn't make it to 1.2...
So long as we know it's fixed, and can be in 1.3 or future minor updates.

No, I didn't miss it . Like I said before atm there is no way to fix this client certificate issue (it is not supported by the AS code). Unfortunately as far as I know it is not in our plans to add this in PR1.2. However, I'm 99,9999999& sure that certificates will work fine in PR1.3
Oh so you're sure this will actually be in 1.3?

and you have my thanks
No, Thank-YOU!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-08 at 16:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mardy View Post
I have the same issue. Thomas, did you manage to solve it?
I filed a bug about it:
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=701
*BUMP* @mardy

How did this go?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...27#post1154527

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I have updated to PR1.2 beta on my N950, and I still have problems with mail synchronization with my IMAP mail server. I.e., mails moved / deleted using some other mail client does not sync ok to N950.

Also, a new problem is that each time I delete a mail message the e-mail application crashes (not a problem in PR1.1).
This makes me very unhappy. I was really hoping for them to fix this right away.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I can no longer use MfE at all - it won't sync, complaining of incorrect user/password<SNIP> And I have had issues with having to re-enter passwords on other accounts (Nokia account, Caldav account) as well, as if all the passwords had been reset (not by me). However the other passwords were accepted, but not for MfE - I just keep getting the error, over and over again. MfE is useless for me...
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
It's worse - it's asking for passwords on ALL the accounts - CalDav, Nokia account, all the email accounts, all the CalDav accounts, Skype, and the MfE account. As soon as you enter all these, it asks for them all over again. Something is seriously screwed up here.
Sounds like you're primarily describing bug #123...*
There's several workarounds documented in this thread, try the least drastic 1st
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80540

It *apparently* has been fixed in 1.2, but there's conflicting info
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...05#post1160105
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...17#post1160517

*except un+pw not working at all anymore for MfE, is some other issue.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-08 at 18:24.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Oh you mean this?
MeeMailSettings
Excellent work my man!
Thanks, some other UI and functionality changes are coming...

Awesome again! If you remember....
It'd be great if you can tell us once (if) testing proves that this is resolved in 1.1/1.2+ builds.
Doesn't matter if it doesn't make it to 1.2...
So long as we know it's fixed, and can be in 1.3 or future minor updates.
Will update as soon as I know (or can tell ) anything new about this nasty bug. Fix should be under testing atm.

Oh so you're sure this will actually be in 1.3?
99% sure that yes, it should be in PR1.3

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
This makes me very unhappy. I was really hoping for them to fix this right away.

Could you describe a bit more your case? If you have something similar with Bug 607, then please check my comment in this bug.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
When I send e-mail using the smtp server, the e-mail shows up in the "Sent" folder on the server but it never is actually sent out. The message is repeatedly sent from the phone so that eventually all the space on the server is used up. The smtp account uses TLS.

Hi all,

New N9 owner here and having issues with MFE sync. Basically what I get is "Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused".

I turned logging on and what I see there is this part:
Code:
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  ProvisionableImpl: applying new policies from account 2 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowDesktopSync 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowRemoteDesktop 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  mUnsupportedRequested = true 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  SettingsUpdateThread started
it seems to go well up to point where it asks the lock code, which needs to be numbers & at least one letter.

Full log attached(privacy things removed).

-nsn
Attached Files
File Type: zip activesync_clean.zip (9.2 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by nsn; 2012-02-10 at 14:17. Reason: Full log attached:

The Following User Says Thank You to nsn For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nsn View Post
Hi all,

New N9 owner here and having issues with MFE sync. Basically what I get is "Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused".

I turned logging on and what I see there is this part:
Code:
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  ProvisionableImpl: applying new policies from account 2 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowDesktopSync 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowRemoteDesktop 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  mUnsupportedRequested = true 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  SettingsUpdateThread started
it seems to go well up to point where it asks the lock code, which needs to be numbers & at least one letter.

Full log attached(privacy things removed).

-nsn
i have same problem. My IT requires non blackberry devices to have all number lock, without letters. I think that N9 for some reason can't comply with that policy.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am surprised that N9 can't borrow windows email client. Lumia email is the best I ever used

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950