Notices

Yeah I am sorry. That must have been a problem with an older version. Now it works, great!
Instead of undo you could also add a security question for the deletion dialogues if you want to save space.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Can you try running from X Terminal:
Code:
LC_ALL=ru_RU.KOI8-R python /opt/AutoCompleteEditor/AutoCompleteEditor.py
Also, if you've saved with the old version, that would've corrupted the dictionary file.
Great!!!
What I did was
- replacing the file with original one from backup
- "killall hildon-input-method"
- "LC_ALL=ru_RU.cp1251 python /opt/AutoCompleteEditor/AutoCompleteEditor.py"
and it worked

So, I had to change it for cp1251 as KOI8-R didn't work (I can't remember any app using KOI8-R since DOS v.5)

Thanks, Robin!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
Great!!!
What I did was
- "killall hildon-input-method"
- "LC_ALL=ru_RU.cp1251 python /opt/AutoCompleteEditor/AutoCompleteEditor.py"
and it worked
Does it work without setting LC_ALL? If the system locale isn't set to use cp1251, then I'll probably need to hardcode that when the language is set to ru_RU.

So, I had to change it for cp1251 as KOI8-R didn't work (I can't remember any app using KOI8-R since DOS v.5)
Interesting - it displays fine on my desktop using KOI8-R - not sure whether I tested that on the N900 though. Perhaps that's not available on there (though the Qt documentation certainly suggests that to be the standard encoding for ru_RU).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Does it work without setting LC_ALL? If the system locale isn't set to use cp1251, then I'll probably need to hardcode that when the language is set to ru_RU.

Interesting - it displays fine on my desktop using KOI8-R - not sure whether I tested that on the N900 though. Perhaps that's not available on there (though the Qt documentation certainly suggests that to be the standard encoding for ru_RU).
Just started application from the menu and no, it doesn't show the encoding right.

I tried to open the file from my PC and when I use KOI8-R it does show cyrillic characters but they make no sense (encoding is broken), with cp1251 it works and I can read it.

Last edited by Oleg; 2010-06-16 at 16:03.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
What a fantastically useful app. It was getting to the point where i was thinking i'd just have to figure out how to delete the whole custom dictionary when i bumped into this thread...

Only thing that i can think of that would improve it is to have it automatically scroll down by one entry each time one is selected (probably difficult requiring change of Qt widget) OR having a continuous "tap to delete" mode. I've got a lot of garbage in the dictionary...

Post when you push it to Testing and i'll go through QA and vote. This ought to be in Extras ASAP.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Just started application from the menu and no, it doesn't show the encoding right.

I tried to open the file from my PC and when I use KOI8-R it does show cyrillic characters but they make no sense (encoding is broken), with cp1251 it works and I can read it.
Okay, thanks - I've added a section to override the codec used based on the language setting, so this should be fixed in the next version (there's a couple of other things I want to look at before releasing that though).

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Only thing that i can think of that would improve it is to have it automatically scroll down by one entry each time one is selected (probably difficult requiring change of Qt widget) OR having a continuous "tap to delete" mode. I've got a lot of garbage in the dictionary...
Interesting idea - I'll have a look at this. I think it should be possible using the current widget, but I'll need to look at how best to implement it.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Post when you push it to Testing and i'll go through QA and vote. This ought to be in Extras ASAP.
Thanks! I've got one or two things to clear up still, then I'll look to push a version to testing.

Could you tell me, where I can find the backup file? I crashed my auto complete aswell. When I type specified words, the whole program crashes...

Once I copied the whole /home/user-folder to my SD-Card, so it should be there anywhere...

Thanks!

Bye
MPW

Originally Posted by MPW View Post
Could you tell me, where I can find the backup file? I crashed my auto complete aswell. When I type specified words, the whole program crashes...

Once I copied the whole /home/user-folder to my SD-Card, so it should be there anywhere...

Thanks!

Bye
MPW
hi!
if you have copied the whole user folder it must be under (/home/)user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary

try this command (insert the path to your backup folder)
"cp /media/mmc1/<path-to-backup-folder>/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary/.personal.dictionary"