Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
even flashing the stock kernel didn't fix it, damn, i guess i have to reflash everything
I wouldn't be so sure that is due to KPv47. On saturday I installed some preenv games. Then I rebooted. I saw that some Queen Beecon widgets were set as default icon and commands and I thought "What happened here?" and rebooted again to see if it was all right again. And I entered an endless loop of reboots. Finally I had to reflash kernel and eMMC.

Now I've installed the same games, have those widgets again and it works like a charm. Finally I upgraded from kernel power v46 to v47 (I hate to stay out of date ).

Conclusion: It could be whatever.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pali View Post
So if are same, there is no bug in kernel driver (or in script is same bug as in kernel driver if exists).
Probably, there is the same bug. When I get home, I'll test with another battery.

So there may be bug in chip? Or I think that this chip can be configured (as written in datasheet some battery option can be configured). Could BME configure this chip to retrun "bad" values and BME monitoring bq chip and calculate its own values?
If it's a bug in chip, then how BME goets its data... I do also think that chip could be configured and don't know if BME messes the values...

It's possible that BME was adjusted to include in it's calculations how differently was bq chip set for reporting values - my last post was all about that.

Unfortunately, fixing driver (or module or whatever ) is far beyond my skills - at least for now. Ho ever, i still can't understand why all values now are higher than it should be by stable same factor. Value reported by current_now is higher than it should be as it's multiplied by given x, and so is charge_full and charge_now also multiplied by exact same x. That's why internal calculations remain sane, but are wrong overall. As Pali noticed, it's most unlikely for TI to create custom chip with same name just for N900, still, bq module work as it should on netbooks/notebooks, and for us on N900 it reports wrong values. That's I'm sure for certain, just don't know why.

I think best i can do in such a situation - for now - is to measure as precisely as i can factor of drift (given x), then write a simple script that will calculate real values from drifted values and print them on screen. Then, of course make it public to those few who cares about precise real battery capacity (in mAh) measurement done using N900 only.

For all who has problems with bluetooth:

Only one bluetooth related patch between v46 and v47 is which fix l2cap NULL dereference in l2cap_conn_start. It was taken from: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10510

Everybody who has problem with bluetooth please run these commands (but after bluetooth problems apperes) and write here ouptut:

Code:
dmesg | grep avoided
dmesg | grep l2cap

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
any news on a close update ?

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
any news on a close update ?
See this: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=668

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I included both patches to my git repository, but I didnt test it yet.

New kernel-power release wont be before july. Now I do not have time for testing kernel-power... (school)
Just compile it and upload to dev repositorys. The users of dev test it. Thats what dev is for.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Just compile it and upload to dev repositorys. The users of dev test it. Thats what dev is for.
Now I cannot compile n900 kernel and pack it into deb packages. I chaged laptop where I do not have configured madde (I hate scratchbox). And I chaged debian scripts in my git tree - so now it is maybe uncompilable...

My git tree is public, so everybody can clone and try to compile it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
anyone care to do this? (someone able, i.e. not me)

Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure that is due to KPv47. On saturday I installed some preenv games. Then I rebooted. I saw that some Queen Beecon widgets were set as default icon and commands and I thought "What happened here?" and rebooted again to see if it was all right again. And I entered an endless loop of reboots. Finally I had to reflash kernel and eMMC.

Now I've installed the same games, have those widgets again and it works like a charm. Finally I upgraded from kernel power v46 to v47 (I hate to stay out of date ).

Conclusion: It could be whatever.

But I didn't install new things (or even change my homescreen, or anything) on my n900 in weeks, and it rebooted fine a few hours before i upgraded

I'll try reflashing kernel+emmc and putting v47 back, hopefully that fixes it

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou