Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
No, I don't know what "ext2manager" is. What is it for?

But I see why you don't get the same errors as I do with N9QT, the permissions on your MyDocs directory are messed up... world writable, group is root. That is why root can write to your MyDocs.

In fact, if you were to try the suggestion you gave me... `chown -R user:users MyDocs', you would see the bug I reported with N9QT.
Try this

Ok, I've tried

Code:
chown -R user:users
Confirmed - write permission problem...

BTW, what about other your programms using MyDocs? ScreenShotMee for example.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Try this
Erm, no thanks. And if you're not sure why I wouldn't want it you probably shouldn't be messing about with changing your filesystems.

BTW, what about other your programms using MyDocs? ScreenShotMee for example.
It starts; it takes screenshots; it saves the image files, all without any issues. However, the images do not show up in the gallery. I'm not sure why, Setting directory perms to the way that ext2manager thing does it doesn't help. I tried that. But I'm not bothered that screenshotmee has this problem, I can easily live without it, or scp the images to my desktop PC.

I should point out though, that screenshotmee is the _only_ thing I've ever had an issue with since switching to ext4 8 months ago.

It starts; it takes screenshots; it saves the image files, all without any issues. However, the images do not show up in the gallery. I'm not sure why, Setting directory perms to the way that ext2manager thing does it doesn't help. I tried that. But I'm not bothered that screenshotmee has this problem, I can easily live without it, or scp the images to my desktop PC.

I should point out though, that screenshotmee is the _only_ thing I've ever had an issue with since switching to ext4 8 months ago.
Hmm... strange... Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Hmm... strange... Any ideas?
Not really. I have a horrible suspicion that it is something with the gallery because screenshotmee appears to do all that it was designed to do. It is only when you try to view the image in the gallery that a problem crops up. But the gallery is working fine for images and video from the camera... go figure. It also might be tracker related.

One day I might look into it, but as I said in my previous post, I'm not bothered that screenshotmee isn't working completely.

Not really. I have a horrible suspicion that it is something with the gallery because screenshotmee appears to do all that it was designed to do. It is only when you try to view the image in the gallery that a problem crops up. But the gallery is working fine for images and video from the camera... go figure. It also might be tracker related.

One day I might look into it, but as I said in my previous post, I'm not bothered that screenshotmee isn't working completely.
And indeed it was tracker related, but the fix is very easy...

As user, run this

Code:
tracker-control --reindex-mime-type=image/png
And now screenshotmee works perfectly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveYoungs For This Useful Post:
And indeed it was tracker related, but the fix is very easy...

As user, run this

Code:
tracker-control --reindex-mime-type=image/png
And now screenshotmee works perfectly.
Yes, I know it, I've meant does your screenshotmee save pictures into MyDocs or into /homeuser/?

Tweak X always deletes all my installed vkb's after a reboot i've flashed like19 times in 3 days help someone please help

like every time i reboot after it's done

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@SteveYoungs0 you shouldn't have any permissions problems if you using openmode kernel, otherwise you shouldn't play with changing partitions table with stock firmware. it stupid. just reflash to any openmode kernel and have fun!

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by EgyptRocks265 View Post
Tweak X always deletes all my installed vkb's after a reboot i've flashed like19 times in 3 days help someone please help

like every time i reboot after it's done
What exactly you trying to do with tweak X? Copy paste outputs, explain more detailed...

just reinstall all my apps after a flash :/ in a quick manner
X-1-2

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh