Originally Posted by thenutflush View Post
Just performed update.

Have the exact same issue. This is really pissing me off. Not being able to access emails is a HUGE issue. Come on Nokia....

EDIT: Also, can't access "Installations" in Applications Setting menu. So I can't even delete it. Can't seem to find it in Nokia store either. Seems like I can't even access half of the settings in the "Applications" Settings menu.

Does anyone have a solution or work around?
WOW ,just did my update to 1,2 and Email will NOT launch at all, everything so far so good.. how long shall we wait until a bug like this is resolved?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
do what I suggested in my last post...

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
do what I suggested in my last post...
other than than Flashing my phone,
i mean when i updated it also said failed , will restart in 5sec.
restratred and i was on 1.2
evrything is fine. i have all my gallery pics my back up was fine,
its juts Email that will not open. i did install any tweaks on my phone either.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
If it said it failed during the update it's pretty clear what the cause was, personally I think flashing is your only hope, waiting for a work around would be tedious etc, and the chances of doing OTA when it think's 1.2 is completely installed..... you don't want to wait for 1.3 right?
Unless it was a matter of lag while tracker was doing it's thing, issues would be gone by now though.
On the bright side I can say from experience that If you simply flash the phone without clearing it first most of your stuff should still be there after flashing, well beside's any apps you've installed will have to be redone, but email, accounts etc should all be there still, even your contacts. I usually would recommend fresh install though, phone cleared through settings first etc.
But always back your shiz up, always.

Can I flash PR1.2 over the existing install without losing my files and contacts etc? Don't really care about installed apps as I can re-install. A clean install would be extremely painful.

EDIT: Everything else is a huge improvement over PR1.1. Faster, smoother, lower battery consumption and better copy and paste.... Just wish this didn't screw up such a critical function.

Last edited by thenutflush; 2012-03-02 at 00:28.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
make it worse nokia and you know who made it, elop doesnt want N9 rule, sigh
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I am 100% certain that if you have updated to PR1.2 with NO tweaks in the terminal, it works fine. It works faster, smoother and with no bugs as far as I can see.

I acknowledge that there may be regional issues due to the firmware differences, but I firmly believe that any big problems that users are experiencing are more likely to be attributable to hacks in the terminal which are messing up the device after updating to PR1.2.

So, if you are in the "big problems" category, my advice is to revert back to a clean system, update to PR1.2 to experience the N9 as it should be. Then, and only then, start making your tweaks and hacks - provided that the hack is based on based on the PR1.2 firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
I've had developer mode enabled, but have not modified the software using terminal. I certainly haven't used root access.

I've installed apps from non-store sources, but most of those are now on the store, with the same version number. Only ones I can really think of that modify the system are myMoves and a program that modifies the standby screen.

When I updated, it said installation failed, could not find "devtools memory" or something like that. Just assumed that installation failure was due to that, and I could reinstall that from Nokia source.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
I think we are making progress on identifying the cause of the disappearing contacts. It looks like my wife synch'ed them originally from the nokia account (ovi), which seem to have lost them in the meantime. So know it assumes that they are deleted and does the same on the device. Why this hasn't happened before is the question?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I am 100% certain that if you have updated to PR1.2 with NO tweaks in the terminal, it works fine. It works faster, smoother and with no bugs as far as I can see.

I acknowledge that there may be regional issues due to the firmware differences, but I firmly believe that any big problems that users are experiencing are more likely to be attributable to hacks in the terminal which are messing up the device after updating to PR1.2.

So, if you are in the "big problems" category, my advice is to revert back to a clean system, update to PR1.2 to experience the N9 as it should be. Then, and only then, start making your tweaks and hacks - provided that the hack is based on based on the PR1.2 firmware.
I had no tweaks on terminal at all, but still got the 'facebook won't load' problem and from time to time, my lock screen freezes.