Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by harriva View Post
If that's the case I'd suggest swift transition to QT for everyone and to forget old irreco.

harriva
Just a reminder for those still floundering around with irreco and asking for help with it: it has been deprecated in favor of Qtirreco, which actually has developer(s) working on it.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
I don't know if the strength of the IR question was answered earlier in the thread. Too many pages.

I can safely say, its the strongest IR i've seen on a hand held device of its kind. I can control the sky box from the other side of a large room.

Is there an app out there that will allow me to point a remote at the N900 and learn the codes as I want to port all my remotes onto the device! Does the N900 even recieve via IR?

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by teh View Post
I don't know if the strength of the IR question was answered earlier in the thread. Too many pages.

I can safely say, its the strongest IR i've seen on a hand held device of its kind. I can control the sky box from the other side of a large room.
Thanks for that information. I am tempted to run the gauntlet that (Qt)Irreco seems to still be just to have that geek toy in my arsenal.

Is there an app out there that will allow me to point a remote at the N900 and learn the codes as I want to port all my remotes onto the device! Does the N900 even recieve via IR?
No it's just a transmitter.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Thanks! That'll be why it is so powerful then I assume.

Pointing it at a digital camera it seems brighter than the sky remote its self, and that works when I point it the opposite way to the box.

Originally Posted by t3mp3st View Post
HI, I've got Irreco wokring pretty well, built my self a sky+ remote with the volume keys coded for my tv instead, was wondering though, if anyone else had had any problems with the range of the remote, as I can't seem to get it to work from more than 4 feet away, and even then, it's quite unreliable.

Thanks if anyone can shed any light an either IR range, or software issues.
I'm almost 6ft in height, and I was sat a further distance than that last night from my Sky box. I also tested a sky+ box and found that to be less responsive from a distance than my normal sky box. Perhaps because of the plain white front and no obvious area to where the IR receiver is?

I'm desperate!
beautiful this application but... they not work for me!
I installed irreco and it's didn't work, i have unistalled all and I have installed qt irreco with the same result. i have tried to load several remote from the database, and I got the same result, my N900 seems not to issue any IR signal ...

Now I ask to me that is a hardware problem on my N900? how can I check for? lirc.d simple didn't start? What exactly do I do after downloading the remote that interests me? excuse me but are 3 months intermittently installed and uninstall these program with the same effect and start to be frustrated ^ ^

hi, can anyone confirm that it works on pr1.2?

thanks

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
hi, can anyone confirm that it works on pr1.2?
I've just installed it (with no issues, using irreco-for-n900 meta-package) and it seems to emit some IR when I'm pressing buttons on the screen. Can't check with a TV set - have none of them available at the moment.

my tv is a wlt66 toshiba. there are no remotes for that on lirc. any ideas if any of the others would work??

Hello, first time I actually try using irrecoQT or the IR function on the N900 for that matter. I've downloaded an Olevia RC-LTL remote, and added some of the buttons. It doesn't work for me at all.

I am curious should the little IR transmitter be blinking? I don't see any lights when pressing the button... Have I missed some configuration steps? All I've done is installed irrecoQT from the repositories.

Thank you.

Tags
infrared, irreco, n900, n900 ir, remote control