Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
This is the thread about that very brainstorm, so yes I am aware of it. Wanted to gauge if I had missed something obvious before carving my stupidity in stone in the brainstorm section..

I like your solution, I think it is nice to have quick access to all of Steve's numbers but I would like the number he called from to be highlighted. On top and with a different color or a small explanatory tag of some kind.. On top might not be clear enough imho.

Would you add it to the brainstorm?
just did

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Just added new solution to this brainstorm:

Solution #9: Provide speed dial for phone pad

Actually, I was surprised that so useful and present in all Nokia phones feature wasn't suggested yet. :)

I think there's one thing missing into the contacts part : groups. But, not groups from Gtalk and others... Groups that you can create and fill with contacts from the phone.
That way, you can send an email or a SMS to a contact group directly, not having to select all of them one by one. Other Nseries phones allow this...
Or did I miss something ?

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-13 at 17:23. Reason: status

The Following User Says Thank You to Antoine For This Useful Post:
I think an application that allows to start a conversation with several contacts, or with a group (already existing) of contacts would be good.
Thus, we would send a message to a group, a conversation would be created, and all the responses would come in a single conversation.
Because for now, when we send a message (SMS or IM) to several contacts, it opens several conversations, which is not very ergonomic.
Then, in that conversation, we should be able to answer a message, by selecting the contact(s) we want to send it to, or by choosing an 'send to all' option.
So in this conversation, at the left of the messages, we would see the icon of the sender, and just beside, the icon of the receiver, or an icon that represent the group.

What do you think ?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
I think an application that allows to start a conversation with several contacts, or with a group (already existing) of contacts would be good.
Thus, we would send a message to a group, a conversation would be created, and all the responses would come in a single conversation.
Because for now, when we send a message (SMS or IM) to several contacts, it opens several conversations, which is not very ergonomic.
Then, in that conversation, we should be able to answer a message, by selecting the contact(s) we want to send it to, or by choosing an 'send to all' option.
So in this conversation, at the left of the messages, we would see the icon of the sender, and just beside, the icon of the receiver, or an icon that represent the group.

What do you think ?
For IM conversations would it not make more sens to have a 'conference call' effect as in several IM clients? That way a group conversation with everyone contributing would be possible and a more useful evolution surely?

Yes, I agree.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

Nice ideas.

If you like you can follow the discussions here and add those ideas on the brainstorm

regards

I don't understand how this forum works. Where are we supposed to post our ideas ?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
I don't understand how this forum works. Where are we supposed to post our ideas ?
hi,

If you are talking about the brainstorm check this video

In short, register and add your solution. People then can vote.

hope it helps