Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
That statement is true of any OS. However, if you are trying to imply that there aren't good (even) killer Palm OS applications then you would be wrong. As an example, take "Smart Sheets to Go" (formerly known as ThinkDB until purchased by Dataviz). This is an incredibly smart application. It is a relational database creator with a GUI. You create a database, create what fields you want and choose the type of fields they are, then place them on the form where you want them to appear in however many tabs you desire, all through a very simple GUI. There is nothing like it on any other mobile device that I have seen. Even on the desktop, a program like this would be amazing. I have created some very useful databases using this program. I have been trying to make do with OpenOffice spreadsheets since I moved to the N900 which is definitely a big step down.

And that is just one example.
I'm delighted to see your example. Of course, "most of them aren't worth running" doesn't imply ANYTHING about the others except that they ARE worth running. So how I would be implying that there aren't good or killer Palm OS applications is beyond me.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I'm delighted to see your example. Of course, "most of them aren't worth running" doesn't imply ANYTHING about the others except that they ARE worth running. So how I would be implying that there aren't good or killer Palm OS applications is beyond me.
When we read what other people write we understand that not everything they are saying is explicit on the words they write. There may be a lot of thoughts and feelings implied in what we write. We are used to that form of communicating.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your expression.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

I would love to see a list of best Palm apps. I think one has been posted here before, but I don't know where it is and it probably isn't up to date. If anyone makes a list, I would be interested in which ones are free and for extra credit, what the cost is of the non-free ones. And a description would be nice!

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Just re-installed the Garnet VM. Damn, I totally forgot how much fun this is with TealOS installed....

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I want to network sync over ssh via port forwarding.

Code:
ssh -l root -L 14238:192.168.1.10:14238 -L 14237:192.168.1.103:14237 mynetwork.com -p 22
192.168.1.10 is a vista 64 machine - other ssh port forwards work fine. I can hotsync over the wifi network.

I cant get it running can anyone help?
thanks.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I would love to see a list of best Palm apps. I think one has been posted here before, but I don't know where it is and it probably isn't up to date. If anyone makes a list, I would be interested in which ones are free and for extra credit, what the cost is of the non-free ones. And a description would be nice!
I think you are talking about the list I made, it is in my signiture. It was made may 2008, exactly 2 yrs back. I think it is still valid except for palm pre stuff.

bun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Btw, rendering performance is much improved in the N900 version, specially for 16 bpp apps. Time to try all those games!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I have encountered choppy audio in the Audible program, and the solution was to unload files downloaded from the Audible site, keeping them to a minimum.

This is unusual and unfortunate -- usually you don't have to worry about how much stuff you have downloaded.

I didn't have this problem with earlier versions of the Audible program running on Garnet, with the N810 for example.

I don't have a similar problem with mp3 files running on Media Player.

I wonder if it is related to the script that was given in this thread allowing us access to our MMC cards for storing Audible books?

I tried a number of things to get rid of the choppiness and only deleting stored Audible programs worked.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Lovin it - I can finally play the Palm version of Monopoly that I wasted far too much time on many moons ago...

I have encountered choppy audio in the Audible program, and the solution was to unload files downloaded from the Audible site, keeping them to a minimum.
Are you storing your Audible files "onboard" the VM? It probably would cause some issues as Garnet has always struggled a bit with large store files. Try creating a dedicated 4GB store just for Audible with your audiobooks re you stored on a virtual SD card?
The is another thread dealing specifically with Audible on Garnet.