Active Topics

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
+1 kudos mate, you made my day ! finally someone managed to have a "decent" quality with that front cam lol
i just did the test with
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video1 driver-name=omap3cam ! xvimagesink force-aspect-ratio=true
and it worked like a charm. Well i won't say that it was not dark but seemed brighter than usual and maybe a bit more focused ? lol
give it a try you'll see ^^
maybe we just need to find a way for the cam to stop lowering the brightness.... because when it's ok'ay, the quality can be compared to a normal cam =D

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
Odd. I tried that command with "ffmpegcolorspace", and it was much better than normal, but still dim. I tried it without "ffmpegcolorspace" and it was much brighter but also a lot grainier. Trying with "ffmpegcolorspace" again and the image was still brighter - as if it remembered the previous setting - and only slightly grainier. hah.

Now if only you could create a shortcut on the desktop that ran a shell command.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You *can* create a shortcut on the desktop that runs a shell command. If you don't want to do by hand, just use the scm app, which will make several types of shortcuts including phone calls, sms and others, and shell commands.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
You can also use QueenBeecon

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
Wow awesome. Thanks for that. Very handy.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
do you really want this:

?

your expectations are way too high. one can't make diamonds from carbage.
I can see her nipples hahah nice replica

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
recording with front camera is now possible in community ssu

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Linking some code from daperl related to the front camera:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3045

(haven't tried it yet!) hope it's useful

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Maybe a little irrelevant, but I thought I could ask here...

Whenever I use the app 'Mirror' for the front camera, the LED glows red. Does that indicate a hardware problem?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Maybe a little irrelevant, but I thought I could ask here...

Whenever I use the app 'Mirror' for the front camera, the LED glows red. Does that indicate a hardware problem?
It is not a problem. It has been introduced on purpose (maybe in PR1.3) to indicate that the camera is in use. In some countries it is a legal requirement too.

Tags
front camera