Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Well, that sucks . But thumbs up that it is so easy to get the phone in developer mode . NICE!!!

Last edited by fettouhi; 2011-10-08 at 10:38.

Im using beta 2 on n950 with mfe/gmail and it works great afaict, much better than n900. Email/calendar and contacts all sync.

The Following User Says Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by piggz View Post
Im using beta 2 on n950 with mfe/gmail and it works great afaict, much better than n900. Email/calendar and contacts all sync.
Yeah gmail/mfe work fine for me as well. It is the 2010 Exchange Server that my brother is running that I can't connect to.

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
Anyone tried this yet? Traveler supports Activesync so might work with the Mfe client
Well I guess no one has. Nice to be ignored though!

The Following User Says Thank You to fredaroony For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
Well I guess no one has. Nice to be ignored though!
I know how that feels. Maybe you gotta be member of some secret brotherhood? Learn to speak geek?

Personally I'm crazy enough to want to buy the damn thing tomorrow if I was reasonably confident I could sync with company MfE. Only obstacle is we are running some kind of device management software called Afaria too...

I can not believe we are the first and it will probably become more and more normal to have such a layer of security. N9 is of course not on Afarias list of supported devices, and I just want to know if it can be configured manually or not.

Oh well. I've only been waiting for a year or so since someone stole my favourite N900.

A simple 'dont know' or 'will check' would have been nice though...

Last edited by MortenS; 2011-10-08 at 21:41.

Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
I know how that feels. Maybe you gotta be member of some secret brotherhood? Learn to speak geek?

Personally I'm crazy enough to want to buy the damn thing tomorrow if I was reasonably confident I could sync with company MfE. Only obstacle is we are running some kind of device management software called Afaria too...

I can not believe we are the first and it will probably become more and more normal to have such a layer of security. N9 is of course not on Afarias list of supported devices, and I just want to know if it can be configured manually or not.

Oh well. I've only been waiting for a year or so since someone stole my favourite N900.

If everyone that didn't know replied saying that then the thread would fill up with useless messages. No reply usually means noone knows (or that you're not a member of the brotherhood, see below how to become a member)

That said how a question is put and how much information is provided does affect the chances of getting "free support" from the community. Not that there was anything wrong with the original question but http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html is always relevant so the link is here for the benefit of our new members.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
If everyone that didn't know replied saying that then the thread would fill up with useless messages. No reply usually means noone knows (or that you're not a member of the brotherhood, see below how to become a member)

That said how a question is put and how much information is provided does affect the chances of getting "free support" from the community. Not that there was anything wrong with the original question but http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html is always relevant so the link is here for the benefit of our new members.
I was kinda hoping that the guys from Nokia could shed some light on at. After all thats the purpose of the thread. I dont want to be impatient or bite the hand that feeds, I just want the N9

Thanks to You, I know that the question is at least understandable. Thats a start.

The Following User Says Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post

I know that a number of us with N900 had problem connecting to our corporate server. The reason given was no provisioning, although I have no idea if that is true. I would like to see people who had difficulty connecting to their server with N900, having no problem with N9. That would make me more confident that N9 will work

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I know that a number of us with N900 had problem connecting to our corporate server. The reason given was no provisioning, although I have no idea if that is true. I would like to see people who had difficulty connecting to their server with N900, having no problem with N9. That would make me more confident that N9 will work
Which version of MS Exchange are you running in your environment?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I know that a number of us with N900 had problem connecting to our corporate server.
The reason given was no provisioning, although I have no idea if that is true.
I would like to see people who had difficulty connecting to their server with N900, having no problem with N9.
That would make me more confident that N9 will work
But it never seems to matter to you when examples are cited.
This is someone answering the same Qn (over & over) just a few hrs before you posted in this thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...78#post1105778
It's like water off a ducks back....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-10 at 06:52.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950