Thanks a lot! for Easy Debian developers! Great job.

PS I have one little question: How can I turn off virtual keyboard?
I have Nokia SU-8W (bt keyboard) and when I try to write sth its run, but the virtual keyboard obscures half of a display.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
uninstall the xmimd package.

But, you mean a on/off button?

I asking coz exacly I wonna find another way to turn off without installing and uninstalling xmimd, yes something like software "on/off button".

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by kamilstone View Post
Thanks a lot! for Easy Debian developers! Great job.

PS I have one little question: How can I turn off virtual keyboard?
I have Nokia SU-8W (bt keyboard) and when I try to write sth its run, but the virtual keyboard obscures half of a display.
The xmimd package can't be uninstalled because it is a dependency for easy-deb-chroot Harmattan package.

I will give a practical solution by creating an alternative "LXDE noVKB" icon.

1) Using MeeGo X Terminal as user :
$ cp /opt/easy-deb-chroot/lxde-debian.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/lxde-novkb-debian.desktop
Then edit the "~/.local/share/applications/lxde-novkb-debian.desktop" file, here using nano (available in Nokia Store or via "apt-get install nano") :
$ nano ~/.local/share/applications/lxde-novkb-debian.desktop
Just change the lines Name and Exec to :
Name=LXDE noVKB
Exec=/bin/opensh -c "/usr/sbin/aegisctl -s; debian suxephwm"

or

2) download the lxde-novkb-debian.desktop here and then copy it to ~/.local/share/applications/.

Thanks for the idea, I will include this "LXDE noVKB" in next release of Easy Debian Harmattan.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-07 at 00:23.

Does Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth keyboard work well inside LXDE ? All characters and control keys ? See the tip to run synchroot on 1st post.

My experience using Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard on Easy Debian Harmattan.

I'm curious to see Bluetooth mouse + btinput being used in Easy Debian Harmattan (it has mouse cursor).
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

I did exacly the same as in Your instruction, the icon has created, but nothing running. I have to wait to next version?
Here You are
Yes, Just finished checking on LXDE because on "easy apps" it works too.
Every symbol,also functional symbols works perfectly.

Yeah, Now I searchin on the net about mouse connecting and Java way to compile my programs. LXDE runnung terminal but nothing cant write on it, either virtual, nor SU-8W, nor LXDE dekstop keyboards.
on maemo.com i found subject that one man connect bt mouse to Easy Debian and everything is working (opening folders and so on) with one "but" - there are no cursor to see.

Last edited by kamilstone; 2012-08-07 at 00:19.

any chance of not having inception and opensh etc as depedencies and just using

AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo

so it will run with privileges? ill try it later and force installing it, but i dont really want to break my depedencies on my main phone :/

one more, I dont using btconnect, just paring bt keyboard in the system bt settings. Maybe this is the clue?

PS the arrows doesn't works.

I did exacly the same as in Your instruction, the icon has created, but nothing running. I have to wait to next version?
Here You are
I'm not sure if it worked for you, so I updated the above post including a link to the .desktop file.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
any chance of not having inception and opensh etc as depedencies and just using

AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo

so it will run with privileges? ill try it later and force installing it, but i dont really want to break my depedencies on my main phone :/
Maybe for Harmattan open mode users. But not otherwise.