Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Do you have a rough estimate? Days? Weeks? Month? Can't wait mate.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I've completed the UI and API/settings/etc code for the new version, and I'm working on the download/playback code atm. Hopefully I can get this thing out within a few days. The UI has undergone a few changes. Here are some screenshots of what the released version will look like:

My website

GitHub

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I do love the app quick question...would (yea probably would be) it be a lot of work to have an option to have cutetube download an mp4 as an mp3? I guess it would convert after download but the option could then be download and convert.

I ask because for music I dont need a video or the associated overhead. I know there was (is) an app pymp for maemo, but I did not have much luck with it, and it just seems logical to have the functionality built directly into cutetube.

Regardless, thank you for the most useful app...

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Looks awesome! waiting for the new version

Thanks a lot for this application, every time it updates I know it'll be more awesome!

Ok, question: what are people using to playback their videos downloaded with cutetube? I downloaded a bunch of mp4 files using cutetube but there is no media player that can properly play it back on the n900. smplayer plays audio and freezes at a single frame, KMplayer video is in slow motion and lags behind the audio, default media players with decoders installed can't open the format either. sib player also lags behind the audio and has slow video.

What is cutetube using to play these videos? I wish I could access that or be able to tell it to open my local downloaded youtube videos in it. I searched a lot but no one is mentioning how they actually play back their downloaded videos.

Last edited by takavar; 2011-03-07 at 15:18.

Originally Posted by takavar View Post
Thanks a lot for this application, every time it updates I know it'll be more awesome!

Ok, question: what are people using to playback their videos downloaded with cutetube? I downloaded a bunch of mp4 files using cutetube but there is no media player that can properly play it back on the n900. smplayer plays audio and freezes at a single frame, KMplayer video is in slow motion and lags behind the audio, default media players with decoders installed can't open the format either. sib player had some other glitch I forgot.

What is cutetube using to play these videos? I wish I could access that or be able to tell it to open my local downloaded youtube videos in it. I searched a lot but no one is mentioning how they actually play back their downloaded videos.
Go into settings and change download quality to 480x270 and nokia media player should play no problem!

I still think "most recent" is useless. Just my opinion though. I would recommend "top rated".

The Following User Says Thank You to tHMZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Go into settings and change download quality to 480x270 and nokia media player should play no problem!
Looks like I can't tell the difference between 480p and 480x270. Somehow assumed they were the same... I'm a bit disappointed that n900 can't handle 480p playback.

thanks a lot

Originally Posted by takavar View Post
Looks like I can't tell the difference between 480p and 480x270. Somehow assumed they were the same... I'm a bit disappointed that n900 can't handle 480p playback.

thanks a lot
Its not that the n900 can't handle it because it can, it just comes down in a different format that isn't supported? I've played films in 720p before on my n900 no problem so yeh... its a little dissapointing but the 420x270 is good enough quality i reckon

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Kind of off topic but going to ask anyway:

Marxian, would it be possible to share how you got the higher resolutions available in your application? When using the api, I can only access low quality streams.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube