Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I don't see it in devel...
Well, package import took it's merry time. It's now in devel and have been promoted to testing.

/ohrn

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
On the topic of adblocking,

The reason Fanboy's urlfilter.ini caused the browser to block all pages is that it is incorrectly formatted. The fix in the latest release simply ignores the bad lines.

To make all rules work, edit the file and add double quotes around all patterns that contain a = character. I.e. change

*&adType=*

to

"*&adType=*"

etc.

/ohrn

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Is there a crash reporter somewhere in opera 11?
I have trouble with mobile.twitter.com which crash opera everytime.
Seems like some component in Opera that dontīt like that site on my device. Itīs the only site that crashes as far as i know.

Help me, Iīm suffering
If you're up for it you can install the crash reporter tool, see: http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...crash-reporter and http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5 for installation instructions.

The crash reporter will generate log files on your SD card, to submit them to Opera, post a bug against the Maemo platform in our bug wizard. You'll get an e-mail address to which you can sent the log.

Don't use the submit function in the crash reporter itself, that'll just send the log to Nokia, not us!

/ohrn

Originally Posted by tso View Post
not sure how much that will help as iirc opera do not let the cpu idle while opera is running.

oh, and i have noticed, on my n800 at least, that Opera may hang when swap becomes maxed out. Hang in the sense of ui not responding and even stopping mid-transition.
I'll look into it, but there is probably not much to do. Linux doesn't really tell applications when it's running low on memory and/or trashing swap. In the end the grim OOM reaper will just suddenly appear out of nowhere.

/ohrn

Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
I have Opera running in full screen mode, but when I hit the up arrow in the lower right of the screen, to bring up the ui, Opera pops out of full screen mode until you start scrolling through another page.
This is by design, otherwise it would be very cumbersome to access the native title bar menu and buttons from full screen mode.

/ohrn

Originally Posted by Jqwon View Post
need sme help...tried to install OM11 unfortunately it says "unable to install application packages missing: libhildon1(>=2.2.22)". what would I need to install it?
Opera Mobile is built using the PR1.3 SDK, you probably need to upgrade the firmware.

/ohrn

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Found the reason why Opera was crashing on startup... even latest beta9 did.

If someone is using custom fonts by just renaming them to
nosnb.ttf
nosnr.ttf
nosns.ttf
nscnr.ttf

Just go to /usr/share/fonts/nokia and place your original backups.

Voila, Opera is starting fine

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Can we have the possibility to open a link in microb?
This would be usefull to view youtube/flash links!

These sites are the only one I use microb for!
I love opera and using it as default browser!

Or is there flash support coming?

And could you add creating desktop shortcuts from within opera?
Oh and is there a way to use the "mobile view" only for certain sites?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
If you're up for it you can install the crash reporter tool, see: http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...crash-reporter and http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5 for installation instructions.

The crash reporter will generate log files on your SD card, to submit them to Opera, post a bug against the Maemo platform in our bug wizard. You'll get an e-mail address to which you can sent the log.

Don't use the submit function in the crash reporter itself, that'll just send the log to Nokia, not us!

/ohrn
Ah,forgot about that error. It's back to normal now after the last update.
Thanks for developing Opera for Maemo. My main browser nowadays

Tags
fast browser, opera