Notices

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I installed Power44 through xterm yet when I restart and type uname -r, it still shows as Power41.

Any ideas as how to know if it is really Power44? When I install the Power44 deb via dpkg -i kern..., I don't get any errors. It says:
Setting up kernel-power (2.6.28-maemo44) ...
/home/user/MyDocs #

No errors yet a reboot still yields Power41...

Did I miss something?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Power44 tried. It booted to a tux, and rapidly sweeped to multiboot menu with 3 options, I tried nitdroid, it worked, looked fine. I will try the other 2 options, ....

Edit: option 1, normal maemo boot, no OC, worked. option 2, power44 boot gave the red box warning as expected, need to do the kernel fix as before, would expect fine. Will do at home later today

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-11-10 at 18:14.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Just a thought: How many who are having problems are using multiboot?

When I first upgraded to power v44, it appeared that the kernel-power-bootimage for 42 wasn't upgraded. As a result, I didn't have a kernel for v44 in /boot/multiboot and got a kernel panic. Re-installing multiboot-kernel-power would set up a kernel and boot item for v42, but all the libs were for v44 (v42 libs were removed).

I manually added the v44 kernel and manually updated the bootmenu.item for it. Just wget'd the kernel-power-bootimage for v44, installed via dpkg, re-installed multiboot-kernel-power, and everything looks fine now.

In other words my kernel version and lib versions weren't matching, so it wouldn't boot. Don't know if that will help anyone else or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Your link is broken (you're pointing to "/fca....7-1_armel.deb"). Please use the URL from my post above -- it works.
404 - Not Found

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
404 - Not Found
I'm really not sure what's happening because I've just downloaded the file about 6 times in the course of writing these posts

Somehow you're managing to form the link so that it's pointing to /fca....7-1_armel.deb when it should be pointing to /fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb (notice there are no "...." there).

Are you copy/pasting? Try clicking the link instead -- HERE

I swear it works and the file is there!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
...In other words my kernel version and lib versions weren't matching...
That is very disturbing... How can one check?

bun

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
I'm really not sure what's happening because I've just downloaded the file about 6 times in the course of writing these posts

Somehow you're managing to form the link so that it's pointing to /fca....7-1_armel.deb when it should be pointing to /fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb (notice there are no "...." there).

Are you copy/pasting? Try clicking the link instead -- HERE

I swear it works and the file is there!

thank you....that link works.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
That is very disturbing... How can one check?

bun
Code:
N900:~$ uname -r
2.6.28.10power44
N900:~$ ls -ld /lib/modules/current
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2010-11-10 17:25 /lib/modules/current -> 2.6.28.10power44

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Anyone else having trouble with mobile hotspot? I'm just getting the 'failed to start' message since updating the power kernel (among other things) via the app manager this morning... I rely on it quite heavily too.. I'll try to reinstall see if that helps..
Just installed the updated fCam drivers and restarted and now Mobile Hotspot is working again too.

Could be coincidence (MH is notoriously temperamental) but might be of some help to someone else..

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
thank you....that link works.
YAY! Glad we got that sorted out