Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
U trollin' bro?
Who? Me? Nah. I would never dare to do that in a serious thread like this.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't want native apps. 8<------8<-----8<----- I want an OS with only browser.
Someone should port NX-client for n9?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^hell yeah

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I can access the web almost everywhere so what I need is more webapps. Tizen could lead the way or die trying.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^Okaaay... LOL.

I can access the web almost everywhere so what I need is more webapps. Tizen could lead the way or die trying.
Please. Do not take any mushrooms more, ok?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Please. Do not take any mushrooms more, ok?
Great day! Great f*c*i*n* day!

DEAL... If you port this to a dead OS.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id402237176?mt=8

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Meltemi is Linux and based on a well-known distro. But I also fear that it will be very dumbed down and merely a base to run Qt 5 on it.
One answer from Quim Gil :
"Roberto, with the Qt Project in place the decision of supporting Python relies on the Python bindings maintainers. No need to ask please, just join the PySide project (or whather Python – Qt related project you want to join) and contribute there."
to my question :
"About Linux/Qt/WebKit/Swipe/ (or Meltemi) :
please keep Python as a option to developers and users.
Symbian/S60 has PyS60 which is very good (better than Python on Android SL4A), only Maemo/MeeGo has better Python support (more packages, better GUI framework)."

So it seems that Meltemi will have Python, and even PySide (Qt bindings) if the PySide community decides to do so.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
What will nokia do when windows strategy fails... Go android or pumping money into a linux OS!

Maemo is not dead. Just delayed.

It has been stated more than once even by Elop that there is no plan B for Nokia. If windows phails fail than Nokia is going down and I don't think he's just saying that to back his colossally stupid move to suck on MS d**k. So no android (witch would be as bad as the current WP strategy IMO), no Maemo/Meego/Metlemi maybe tires though. And even though I would feel bad for the people that work there I would love to see Ballmer and his gf after their ecosystem (sic) fails

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
It has been stated more than once even by Elop that there is no plan B for Nokia. If windows phails fail than Nokia is going down and I don't think he's just saying that to back his colossally stupid move to suck on MS d**k. So no android (witch would be as bad as the current WP strategy IMO), no Maemo/Meego/Metlemi maybe tires though. And even though I would feel bad for the people that work there I would love to see Ballmer and his gf after their ecosystem (sic) fails
Of course there is a plan B, only that plan is irrelevant for the Nokia/MS partnership and certainly irrelevant for MS and any future Nokia/MS ecosystem. The future lies in controlling an ecosystem, not making OS'es or hardware. OS and hardware are merely the wrapping.

Plan B is Android regardless.

Tags
buysomethinelse, it's undead, maemo's dead, meego's dead, r-d-f, tizen lives, winding down