Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I have to confess, with the current status of WorldTV99 on the N900, I have dropped watching my regular TV for quite awhile. How is that? Choice, convenience, and always there.

I do NOT have to tie down to 6:30pm to watch the night news any more. They come on in less than 2 hrs, around 9pm you can see the 6:30 pm night news with WorldTV99 (this includes Saturday and Sunday for NBC, CBS and ABC are a little slacker, update both Fri and Saturday on Sunday morning ), and no advertisement, so one finishes the half an hour news in less than 19 min!

I love to watch the birds and the bees, and PBS only have it on certain time of the week and at certain time of the night. With WorldTV99, I get it when I want it!

And cable for TV-out is a constant feature for my TV set, so all I need is to plug it in and turn on TV-out. That is it!

Over 20% of the links are refreshed hourly, then the rest are refreshed daily, weekly or biweekly, it will be a long long time before one gets tire with WorldTV99. Wonder why this is not yet the no. 1 app Thanks Nokia.

I know, I know, winter Olympics or afternoon soap opera etc still have to go to your regular TV.

enjoy,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Oh, no. It is NOT by language! "List by countries" is exactly what it means, by countries, listed according to where the links/station claimed location. For example, France24, all English speaking channels, are listed under France, and quite some Arab channels are also speak English and so do some China channels too. Bottomline, look around. Even though you dont speak the language, chances are, there are some English language channels even the country name may not English.

We have NOT seen any feedback for this "list by category" which we think it is a big deal ...

Oh well,

bun

Well, if you want feedback, I really like the list by country option. That's very nice. Although a list by language alternative version would be a good idea too.

BTW, how's the links working out that I gave you? Need anything else?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
i cant hear audio from some channels? I thought it was maybe my speakers, but i tried it with the headphones plug in, still no audio.

Also thanks to whoever made or help develop this program! This is a bonus that make me love my N900 even more!

Last edited by grumps312; 2010-03-08 at 03:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to grumps312 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Well, if you want feedback, I really like the list by country option. That's very nice. Although a list by language alternative version would be a good idea too.

BTW, how's the links working out that I gave you? Need anything else?
The links on CNN are super, they are all in. The links from FoxNews are NOT getting anywhere .

Need anything else? Thanks for asking, you have been always very helpful. So far so good , if anything else, we were wondering why this app is NOT HOT enough? Maybe some words of mouth For me, this is the app I use 90% of the time, the media player on N900 is so much superior compare to the N8x0.....

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-03-08 at 17:05.

Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
i cant hear audio from some channels? I thought it was maybe my speakers, but i tried it with the headphones plug in, still no audio.

Also thanks to whoever made or help develop this program! This is a bonus that make me love my N900 even more!
Me too, I love this app.

Well, regarding missing audio, mind to identify the links so that we can take a look. I know USA Reuters is missing audio on mplayer, but media player does it right. Has something to do with the encoding. Not aware of any other one though.

Glad you enjoy the app, we too!

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Me too, I love this app.

Well, regarding missing audio, mind to identify the links so that we can take a look. I know USA Reuters is missing audio on mplayer, but media player does it right. Has something to do with the encoding. Not aware of any other one though.

Glad you enjoy the app, we too!

bun
Well majority of the channels doesnt have audio for me. I tried the sample channel modtv that you guys played on youtube hoping that i would have audio, i didnt. So far i know the shopping channel in canada folder has audio. other than that most channels don't have audio.

The links on CNN are super, they are all in. The links from FoxNews are NOT getting anywhere .

Need anything else? Thanks for asking, you have been always very helpful. So far so good , if anything else, we were wondering why this app is NOT enough? Maybe some words of mouth For me, this is the app I use 90% of the time, the media player is so much superior compare to the N8x0.....

bun
ROFL! Yeah, leave it to fox to be difficult. ^_^ Hey, do you have all the new updates in the beta version up on the developer site? And if so, what's the link to the package? I had it at one time, but I can't find it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
Well majority of the channels doesnt have audio for me. I tried the sample channel modtv that you guys played on youtube hoping that i would have audio, i didnt. So far i know the shopping channel in canada folder has audio. other than that most channels don't have audio.

This is puzzling. You did say that some channel has audio, that exclude your setting as setting to Profile 'silence' will take your audio away for ALL players. This is NOT the case as you have some channels that have audio.

How about playing the demo on Nokia with your built in media player, does that missing audio too?

Very interesting, need more info,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
This is puzzling. You did say that some channel has audio, that exclude your setting as setting to Profile 'silence' will take your audio away for ALL players. This is NOT the case as you have some channels that have audio.

How about playing the demo on Nokia with your built in media player, does that missing audio too?

Very interesting, need more info,

bun
Actually i think the problem was that the phone was in silent mode. I forgot i always leave my phone on silent mode >.<.. Sorry about that! I love this program and appreciate your efforts!

The Following User Says Thank You to grumps312 For This Useful Post:

Tags
kmplayer, mplayer, streaming tv, t v, worldtv99