This is a power supply system with multiple AC power plugs, plus a rechargeable unit, plus a USB charger cable, AND a folding solar panel. You will always have power for your gadgets. The system icludes multiple tips including the Nokia mini for n800. This is a serious product (not a toy) and has good reviews. Check out: http://www.powermonkey-explorer.com/ for additional details and spec sheet. It's worth noting that this system includes various forms of circuit protection, which most chargers and adapters don't have.

Normally this system sells for about $100, but right now Buy.com is selling it for $10 after a $100 rebate. The final cost of $10 includes free shipping. Yea, a $100 rebate is a risk and a hassle, but I have never had a problem with Buy.com in the past. I've bought various electronic items there including my n800. Just be sure you follow the rebate directions (and make your purchase with a credit card). I am not affiliated with PowerMonkey or Buy.com, just want to share this value with fellow IT-ers before the stock runs dry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gregg For This Useful Post:
Wish this was available in the uk

Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Wish this was available in the uk
But it is.

Actually all current eBay offers for the PMX are UK-based...

EDIT: Ooops, seems I misunderstood, sorry;-)
Now I see what you mean: The rebate,
not the general availability of the product...

Last edited by Ray; 2008-05-27 at 11:12.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The rebate info seems to have conflicting terms. On the buy.com page it says:

Purchase this Powermonkey product at Buy.com & receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
(Applies only to products sold by Buy.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants through Buy.com Marketplace.)
Offer valid from 5/16/2008 to 6/6/2008
However if you look at the PDF rebate form terms it says:

Only valid on purchases made at: • Channel Wide
It's tempting, but which are the correct terms?

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
From what I saw on one of the deal forums the rebate may be being handled by some untrustworthy rebate company.
I'm staying away from it with a 10 meter pole.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by sd_proto View Post
The rebate info seems to have conflicting terms. On the buy.com page it says:

However if you look at the PDF rebate form terms it says:

It's tempting, but which are the correct terms?
Just an update: I've sent an email to Buy.com's customer service asking about the discrepancy quoted above. That email was sent on the 27th, and no response yet (even though they claim 24 hour email responses).

Also, I did some surfing to learn more about World Wide Rebates...they do appear to be suspicious since their contact information is not readily available.

Has anyone actually tried charging a 770/N8x0 with one of these? I previously bought a freeloader. It would charge my old Sony W900 and a colleages iPod but, even if charged via the USB, it would not charge my 770, N800 or N95.
The Ethical Superstore are currently selling the powermonkey the UK at £59.99 reduced from £64.99, although you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

Originally Posted by gowen View Post
Has anyone actually tried charging a 770/N8x0 with one of these?
Yes, and it works! I just received mine today, and had to try it straightaway. It charged from the main unit, which automatically switched off once the N800 was fully charged.

I have not tried to charge the N800 from the solar panel directly yet, but I was using it at the same time to charge my HTC PDA. The solar charger managed to get enough power from inside the window, with no sun!

I must say it is a great piece of kit, and I definitely made the right decision to get this instead of the solio. Very well made, and well thought. N800 bit is included. Plus they really seem to have adapters for everything! Quite cheap too: £2.50 + postage. I ordered some extra for Nintendo DS lite, and my Sony camera.

* Recommended *

Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Just an update: I've sent an email to Buy.com's customer service asking about the discrepancy quoted above. That email was sent on the 27th, and no response yet (even though they claim 24 hour email responses).

Also, I did some surfing to learn more about World Wide Rebates...they do appear to be suspicious since their contact information is not readily available.
The sale of PowerMonkey Explorer at Buy.com has expired. The final comment to this thread is that Buy.com never did respond to my question on the conflicting rebate info. I checked their website recently and noticed that the PM Explorer isn't available at any price anymore. The PM Explorer has received high reviews, but most people consider the typical cost of approximately $100 too much for a power supply.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Just my 2 cents, buying a $100 merchandise with a $99 rebate is always fishy to begin with. Call me chicken.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: