Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Tablet HWR is terrible.
Yah, right. Accrording to KJ "It still sucks, but is faster now...."
So, it not only size, speed made a difference too, uh?!

bun

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Wonder why he bothtered to come back to complain a second time....

Anyway, I've tried this, and have started to use the HWR for a while. It does take some time to note what characters you routinely fail to get right, and either learning how to do them right (I always have trouble with t, but the first t is a logical single stroke).

I set a sloppy cursive itt to "site:http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums" for quick searching. Same for some other forums I search reguarly. I'm thinking the shortcuts should pay off for the learning curve, or if not I can still swap input methods just for the shortcuts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGogmagog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
For those who have problems with 't', just train yourself entering once or twice the following text:

http://www.internettablettalk.com

Try to be fast!

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Yah, right. Accrording to KJ "It still sucks, but is faster now...."
So, it not only size, speed made a difference too, uh?!

bun
Please quote me correctly, or leave the quotes out.

(I know it's nitpicking, but I really hate having my words changed. It's all I have on the Internet...)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
Wonder why he bothtered to come back to complain a second time....
"a second time"??? Dude, look me up...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
So what kind of speed & accuracy have you guys achieved? Bun?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
So what kind of speed & accuracy have you guys achieved? Bun?
Consider I made the change in only about 3 days, accuracy is approaching 100%, speedwise is still NOT as fast as poking letters on the Onscreenkeyboard. But, the point I continue to stress, there is a learning curve, just like typing, I am positive with acceptable accuracy, speed will come .

Before I made the change in speed setting, one has to wait for the next input, you can put it, but you dont know what is that, now, you can more or less keeps on typing, albeit slowly.

I hate to beat on the dead horse, but I am really excited about this HWR speed thing. I thought the tablet is totally ****** wrt HWR, now I found out it is capable, all we have to do is just learn, like anything in life. Some of you may look at this as trivial. I Look at this as another piece, in addition to a functioning PIM suite, to make the tablet COMPLETE. Sorry for my obsession,

@anidel: are you the same anidel, and now has a new look? I almost missed you because of your new look.
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-20 at 17:19.

@KJ: I am sorry that I quoted you incorrectly. I will look things up next time before I quote

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
As a trained professional at HWR, you could time your writing of a paragraph with regular touch screen keyboard and then with HWR. Extra points for thumb keyboard.
Edit: of course, this wouldn't take into account time saved by shortcuts...

Well, things are going nicely here; I settled on an underscore to denote uppercase, and a through-slash (| or /) for digits. The only problem I had defining stuff was i, which should be |; that stroke was defined as a character looking like an i, but with no dot. Since I couldn't find that character to disable it, I used \ instead.

Things work rather well now; better than in Vista on my tx2000, where I'm writing this...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: