Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
I want to change some icons in my media player now I see in threads people saying goto

/usr/shared/ etc etc... my thing is this, Ive looked in my root folder for the usr shared folder containing the icons and cannot find it....

So were am I going wrong? Can some one explain in new user language were to go to find the folder with the icons in or do I need to some software on my phone to show up this folder?

I already have the icons I want to trade I just need to find the ones I want to trade out...

Thanks.

Loz.

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
that is because they are not kept under icons. go to /usr/share/themes/"name of theme your using"/mediaplayer/

and you will find the icons there

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
that is because they are not kept under icons. go to /usr/share/themes/"name of theme your using"/mediaplayer/

and you will find the icons there
Mike Thanks for the reply... but sorry Im non the wiser here... ok what I need to know is from the top, am I connecting the phone to my pc in mass mode or pc suite? then from there were do I go to find this user share etc folder.. ? So from the top if you would..give me a compleate flow chart breakdown.

Thanks again
Loz.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
am I connecting the phone to my pc in mass mode or pc suite?
Connecting like that will not give you access to the part of the filesystem that you need. Although you can do it in 2 parts:

1) Copy files onto N900 somewhere (anywhere) using either mass storage mode or pc suite.

2) On N900 open X terminal, become root and then move/copy the files to the correct location.

If you want direct access to the full filesystem from your PC then follow this thread:

Full file system access via both USB and network using OpenSSH + WinSCP

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
you will never going to find/explore protected files/folder using pc suite my friend...what you need is application called filebox (install it on your phone) & enable root (filebox setting) before you can go any further...
after installing open filebox & go to this path...

usr/share/themes/*name of the themes u currently using/mediaplayer

inside the media player there will be a bunch of images...copy all images & paste it on your microSD (if you have it) or paste it somewhere in MyDocs folder...
after paste it then exit filebox & connect you phone to pc using mass storage...find the files you have paste before & view it size/transparentlity & etc...make sure the new icon you make is the same size as the original...after making sure (copy your new icon to have created into MyDocs folder) then exit mass storage & open filebox again...
this time copy all you newly created icon & paste it at the same path as before...if you do it right then it will ask to overrite the files...overrite it then exit filebox & reboot...you will find the changes after rebooting...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Thats a great and detailed flow chart for those of us that are not totally up on linux.. some people automatically assume everyone on the site is well up!.. but here is one thats still learning so thanks for the advise of filebox too.. Ill find it and get it on my phone right now.

Now Im late for bed... up at 6.30am and its 4.15!!! but Im happy cause I can get my icons changed now :-)

Ok early this morning.. I got the icons changed and Im well happy bit a thought and a bit of guidence. Thanks again gents. Lesson one over.

Loz:

From to

Tags
just shoot me